Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Only 5 products of homepage of VM

Started by sky_rb, March 16, 2012, 11:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sky_rb

Hi everyone,

I'm using virtuemart 2.0.2 and Joomla 1.5.11

My problem is that on the homepage of VirtueMart I want to show the Top Ten Products or the Featured Products,... but whatever I do, it only shows 5 products. Even when the Featured products or Top Ten Products have more then 5 items.
I first thought it might be the "Max products per view in frontend" in the Configuration>Shopfront, but it's set to 30 and it doesn't change anything.

Anyone have an idea what to do to fix this?

Thank you!

iplanells

Hi,
did you solve it? I also want to display more products on my fronpage, but I don't know how to do it.

Greetings,
Isabel

iplanells

Well, I just got it!!

Go to the file:
/components/com_virtuemart/views/virtuemart/view.html.php

You will see a hard coded "5" on each function call like
$products['latest']= $productModel->getProductListing('latest', 5);

Just change the 5 with the number of products you need to show.

orthotes

It works very well!
A thousand thanks!

adriespo

Updating VM to 2.0.8e I get lost the modify, obviously. So, why to keep that value hardcoded in unoverridable file?

Sad  :'(

guimplenchik

Devs, please include this parameter in backend config. VM 2.0.10 still lacks this option.
Also, it would be great to set a separate path for IMAGES assets of VM in order to better styling.

Menace

Well, I don't know if I did get something wrong, but I can chose number of shown products in all of the mentioned modules in the backend by default throughout all Versions from 2.0.6 to 2.0.10

Go to:
Extensions -> Modules
chose for example VM-featured products module and there you can set the number of shown items and items per row.

guimplenchik

Quote from: Menace on August 29, 2012, 21:25:34 PM

Go to:
Extensions -> Modules
chose for example VM-featured products module and there you can set the number of shown items and items per row.

We're not talking about modules. It's about home VM's home page.