News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Need Help on migrating for VM1.1.8 to VM 2.0.x

Started by ssrkrishna, December 25, 2012, 21:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssrkrishna

Hi,

We have been using VM 1.1.8 with Joomla 1.5.20. As we have reached End of life for VM 1.1.8, we would like to move on to VM 2.0.x.

We have been operating our ecommerce website on VM 1.1.8 from couple of years.

To Upgrade to VM 2.0.X,

• Do we need to uninstall the OLD VM on server and need to install the VM 2.0.X
  • What is the procedure to upgrade to VM 2.0.X from VM 1.1.8, when i searched for info on this i could not find the standard doc on this. Please provide the standard doc and nessessary steps to upgrade to VM 2.0.X.
  • We donot want to loss any data with respect to customets information, products information and images, attributes, product types, orders and all. Please let us know the process
  • The modules and extension which installed for VM 1.1.8 will work with VM 2.0.x?. If not, let me know how we can make them work?

Please let me know the procedure. It helps me a lot in upgrading the site to newer versions.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum