News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

4 items didn't migrate. What's the problem?

Started by isuv, January 06, 2013, 18:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isuv

Hi all,

After migration proccess in VM 2 on a new joomla 2.5 +VM 2 clean installation 4 products didn't migrate. I can't explain why these items didn't migrate.  ??? Any ideas?

P.S. The tables that I used for migration are the tables from the VM 1.1.8 installation. Maybe this is the reason of data loss?

jenkinhill

No idea - maybe corrupt data?  I believe the importer has been improved for the current version - 2.0.16d
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

PRO

did the migration say finished?

I dont know about now, but you used to have to push it a few times to get everything to go

isuv

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 07, 2013, 18:16:46 PM
No idea - maybe corrupt data?  I believe the importer has been improved for the current version - 2.0.16d

The data seems to be usual in mysql, similar to other rows of items. I installed new importer today, but I have problems with it. Version 2.0.16 made migration in 3 steps. This migrator demands many steps and then stopps importing any new items, though it had imported even less, then the previous one. I'm still struggling...

isuv

Quote from: PRO on January 07, 2013, 19:45:17 PM

I dont know about now, but you used to have to push it a few times to get everything to go

Yes, with version 2.0.16 migration said it was finished in 3 steps. Other steps didn't bring anything new.

PRO

Quote from: isuv on January 07, 2013, 21:25:09 PM
Quote from: PRO on January 07, 2013, 19:45:17 PM

Yes, with version 2.0.16 migration said it was finished in 3 steps. Other steps didn't bring anything new.

look in your orders for people that ordered that item, and what does it say?

isuv

Quote from: PRO on January 07, 2013, 23:47:07 PM
look in your orders for people that ordered that item, and what does it say?

It seems none of these products were ordered. vm_order_item table in VM 1.1.8 does not contain these product ids.

isuv

May be this non-migration of 4 items caused by the local environment  settings? I set max_execution_time 900 and memory_limit 1024M at last. But this does not help. I have XAMPP portable light.

isuv

Quote from: isuv on January 08, 2013, 16:38:41 PM
May be this non-migration of 4 items caused by the local environment  settings? I set max_execution_time 900 and memory_limit 1024M at last. But this does not help. I have XAMPP portable light.
Well, I don't think so. Because only 4 definite items don't migrate. Maybe there's something wrong with them.