News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

No Shop Currency defined! error

Started by lillianfidler, August 12, 2012, 21:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lillianfidler

I keep getting this error  - I just migrated the shop from the old version to the new version and all seems to be working except for some reason I cannot change the currency. Each time I try, it just doesn't take for some reason and I keep getting this error.

Any ideas?

many thanks,

Lillian

jenkinhill

Are you logged in as Vendor? Usually this will initially be set as the first superadmin registered in Joomla.

To check if you are vendor go to VM Configuration/Shop and set "Enable Multivendor (experimental only for developers)"  to "administrated multivendor"  Then go to Orders & Shppers/Shoppers. You should see a green tick in the Vendor column against the admin user. If there is no tick then try setting the admion user as vendor.

Once done, turn off Enable Multivendor.

If that does not work use phpMyAdmin to check table virtuemart_vmusers. The Vendor should have a "1" in both virtuemart_vendor_id AND user_is_vendor - no other user should have virtuemart_vendor_id=1. You can use this table to change the vendor if necessary.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

burntwear

Quote from: jenkinhill on August 13, 2012, 16:59:44 PM
Are you logged in as Vendor? Usually this will initially be set as the first superadmin registered in Joomla.

To check if you are vendor go to VM Configuration/Shop and set "Enable Multivendor (experimental only for developers)"  to "administrated multivendor"  Then go to Orders & Shppers/Shoppers. You should see a green tick in the Vendor column against the admin user. If there is no tick then try setting the admion user as vendor.

If that does not work use phpMyAdmin to check table virtuemart_vmusers. The Vendor should have a "1" in both virtuemart_vendor_id AND user_is_vendor - no other user should have virtuemart_vendor_id=1. You can use this table to change the vendor if necessary.

thanks big help to me, fixed my problem, I was missing vendor tab, I logged into phpmyadmin (in cpanel) and added the 1 where you said and  fixed.

rohitsingh

thanks jenkinhill...!!!!
it worked for me....

lillianfidler

Hi:  I tried both of the solutions offered: To check if you are vendor go to VM Configuration/Shop and set "Enable Multivendor (experimental only for developers)"  to "administrated multivendor"  Then go to Orders & Shppers/Shoppers. You should see a green tick in the Vendor column against the admin user. If there is no tick then try setting the admion user as vendor.

The first thing didn't change anything and the second option - to check table virtuemart_vmusers - I got the following response from my server technical support: I checked and only one user has the virtuemart_vendor_id set to 1. However, you can tell VirtueMart support that it also has NULL value in the customer_number row - perhaps that will help.

Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Lillian Fidler

blans

I've spend hours (twice) looking for this answer.

When you empty your VM Database with the Tools/Tools&Migration/Remove Virtuemart Data button you end up with the "No Currency Defined Error".

And because you lose the Vendor Information Tab in Shop/Shop you cannot set the Currency.

Above solution by Lillian fixes this.

Tags: Missing Vendor Information Tab, No Shop Currency Defined
Multilingual VM Webshop
Joomla 1.5.26
VM 1.1.9
Joomfish 2.1.7
Artio JoomSEF 3.8.2
CSVi VM 3.8.1

VM2 has the power of Magento and the usability of Opencart. I just can't get it to do what I managed to do with VM1 for so long...

jenkinhill

In VM2.0.20b there is a set shop owner facility in the tools area, under migration.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum