News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

"Ask a question about this product" button email

Started by mke, January 29, 2012, 16:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mke

Another newbe question:
In my Joomla-virtuemart installation I get a button on the frontend which says "Ask a question about this product". Can anyone tell me how to set the e-mail adres where this e-mail will be sent to? When I tried it I myself got the e-mail, but I want to let these questions to be sent to someone who will manage the products instead of me.

Piccoro

I would like to know the answer to this also...

I suppose Virtuemart gets the Vendor information from Administration -> Shop -> General User Information,
but the emails always get sent to the first Joomla Super User only. Even if there's a second Super User with the "receive system emails" option turned on.

Also, there's no "virtuemart.cfg.php" file like in Virtuemart 1.x, VM2 pulls the user info directly from Joomla, so I don't know where to change the general settings...

Milbo

it is the email of the vendor or of the shop, so to say. You are maybe interested in multivendor administration. We are on developing this. That means that there exist not really different vendors, they are just for your employees. But this feature is not done yet completly.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mke

Hi, late answer, sorry:
As it is now, Virtuemart seems to use the e-mail adres of the user who installed virtuemart. But I think there should be a way to change the contact-info thus that the e-mails from the frontend are sent to another user, should it not? I think it was the case in Virtuemart 1 where you could change "Store information", but I don't seem to find it in Virtuemart2. Please help as I will not be able to put the store online if this isn't solved.

Merry

In VirtueMart 2 you generally change store information in SHOP -> Shop -> Additional Information Tab, and you will see the Super User's information there - the person who installed the program.

But if you try to change the email address on this page, it keeps going back to the original Super User information! This is because you actually need to change it in Joomla USERS - User Manager, click the SUPER USER and edit the email address there. Once you do it there you will see it magically changed in VirtueMart, too.

Merry
Answer is probably from my VirtueMart 2 User Manual ebook, includes FREE updates. FREE Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Quick Install Guide & 30-Minute Quick Setup Guide http://showmeguides.com/

mke

Yes but then I change the e-mail of my own account. Is there anyway to change the vendor to another user?

bartoszmachnik

Hello. It looks like the shop email address and all user data is determined by the first row in #prefix_virtuemart_vmusers table. I created new joomla user with the shop email adress. I changed the first row in #prefix_virtuemart_vmusers table - "virtuemart_user_id" column to 63 (it was the ID of my new joomla user that was created to be the main shop account). It looks like it worked but I suggest to give it a good test.

Best regards
Barto

mke