News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Featured products issue with hide cart

Started by Olson_AZ, March 14, 2012, 03:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olson_AZ

Hello,

I am using Joomla 2.5.2 with VM 2.0.2.  I have the Featured Products module active on the front page and want to hide the "add to cart" in this module, however, when I hide the cart, it hides the cart globally.  I am trying to find a fix so that I can hide the cart only in the featured products and not in my main shopping cart.  I am hiding the cart in the options for the featured products module, not in any of the main virtuemart configuration areas.

Does anyone have any idea why this module would be hiding my cart throughout my site?

Thanks.

Olson_AZ

It looks like I have solved my own problem.

I went into the main Shopping Cart module and selected hide cart, saved it, and then selected show cart and saved.  This overrode the hide cart globally and allowed the main cart to show but the features module stayed hidden.  So it appears that once I updated my main Shopping Cart, even though I never changed it to start with, it would override any changes made to the module, but keep the module settings intact. 

Weird bug. I will try to replicate it and see if it is persistent or if it is just a fluke.