News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Some Problems NOT Solved yet in VM 2.0.7 (!! UPDATED !!)

Started by lipes, March 04, 2012, 22:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Generation X

#12 When he refers to manually sorting, I think Milbo means to click on the Field name in the Shopper Field List, and then edit the Ordering field at the bottom of the Shopper Field [ Edit ] page.

I was able to successfully move the zip field by this method after encountering the "You cannot change the order of items, as an item in the list is `Checked Out`" error when using the Reorder column.

lipes

#12 - by pressing on the 'Field name' to 'edit' the order position
Tryed with: extra_field_5    Extra field 5    select                     id 29
Order at the moment: 29
I try to change to position: 31
I hit Save & Close
vmError: Values are required for this type.
vmError:

Info: Userfield successfully saved
Userfield successfully saved

And if you see the Table.. you'll see that the extra_field_5 it's in position 29 again:o
Tested in 2.0.7

The field that i've created it's in position 30

If anyone try to edit that new field (by the "Field Name") and change to any position.... like 25 and Hit Save & Close
we'll get this message:
vmError: TableUserinfos::modify table - Unknown column 'NIF' in 'jos_virtuemart_userinfos' SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_virtuemart_userinfos` CHANGE NIF NIF VARCHAR(255)
vmError:

Info: Userfield successfully saved
Userfield successfully saved

Tested in 2.0.7
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

lipes

on VM Module Featured Products, in the Front End ...
if the Product doesnt have price (empty) there is no Text with "Call for price"...

lipes

1) If user dont assign VM to a menu and Navigate to another Page than the index.php it displays this msg:
Info: COM_VIRTUEMART_ASSIGN_VM_TO_MENU (for example: index.php/component/virtuemart/handtools )

2) I instaled the example products but There's NO images in Front End...

or even in manufacturer, product details, every VM places dont have images (not found)
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9326/images2nn.jpg

3) First Time (in this test life) that we click on Product Categories
The ordering Nr doesnt have any logical "ordering" like we could see here:
if we ordering from first to last or last to first ... we lose that if we left this place and visit next time the same place we get again the rows with no logical ordering defined.

4) In Shopper Field
Anyone cant modify the Ordering, from example from position 35 to 34, etc...
It give us errors like: vmError: Values are required for this type.
To see more have made a video that tell us more about this Shopper Field problems in VM2.0.7  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJHbwfxBXM4

5) IF we go to Product Category [ Edit ] Power Tools ( /administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&task=edit&cid=2 ) we got an Error at Top:
vmError: Couldnt create thumb, file not found D:\Ampps\www\zzz\images\stories\virtuemart\category\fe2f63f4c46023e3b33404c80bdd2bfe.jpg
Resume (all Sample Date images arent working in front and back end)

6) In Product Category Form
The width of the Description box, Meta Description box, Meta Keywords box it's too big for screen like my PC...
I am just using 1280 x 800 ... and with this large width in the text box i've got a Horizontal scroll @ bottom page...
this is normal to be like this?

7) In Product Information, for example in product id1 (administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=product&task=edit&virtuemart_product_id[]=1)
give me this: vmError: Couldnt create thumb, file not found D:\Ampps\www\zzz\images\stories\virtuemart\product\cca3cd5db813ee6badf6a3598832f2fc.jpg
But I am testing the Price situation so i've wrote in Final Price 65 € and hit (Calculate the costprice)...
then i get this result: 65.000003
Its possible to display (in this Final Price box) only 2 decimals (like we got in VM1) to dont have displayed so many decimal cases with this kind of rounding ".000003" .....

8) In Manufacturer area ( /administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=manufacturer&task=edit&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=1 )
got this error too: vmError: Couldnt create thumb, file not found D:\Ampps\www\zzz\images\stories\virtuemart\manufacturer\manufacturersample.jpg
And it's not possible to remove the Manufacturer category Name or add multiple Manufacturer categories (could be the same like we got the Product categories).. but why the MF Cat are not = to the Product Cat Names ? It makes sense that we can connect most of them, why not?!

9) In Media File  List  give me all errors in broken images...
There is only one image good! Is the washupito GIF!
I've clicked in Sync but the images doesnt show ... I see that most of images dont have Filetypes ...

10) In front End... i've tested the add to cart popup works fine .. but the layout xS

We got the same message repeated 2 times .. that the Product.. was added to the cart... (this is boring to Costumer maybe thinks that He/she add that product 2 times!! ??? )...
The Close button (like we could see in the print screen) its above the link to go to "Show Cart" .. i've already talked here in this topic on: April 16, 2012, 08:22:18 AM about that and the suggestion to change...

11) If we create a normal link (Account Maintenance) in our index to Users could Login / Register in the Site...

they cant read the TOS... or dont know what they're signing in... like i've also talked before here in this post..

12) The Manufacturer Default Layout is not working good since the beggining of vm2 ...
we cant change the configuration @ backend .. like you could see in this print screen:

14) I've turn on the "Show the Ask a question link?" but when we click on "Ask a question about this product"
displays a popup but no reCaptcha system or kind of spam control. Could we have any secure control in this place?

15) in Custom Field  List it's not possible to ordering the table. Even if you change the position number and hit save disk.

I am testing this things first because they're things to control better in Admin .. or things that Users do before the 1 st time order a product from our site...
Best Regards to all VM Team

Milbo

Quote from: Generation X on May 01, 2012, 20:12:44 PM
#12 When he refers to manually sorting, I think Milbo means to click on the Field name in the Shopper Field List, and then edit the Ordering field at the bottom of the Shopper Field [ Edit ] page.

I was able to successfully move the zip field by this method after encountering the "You cannot change the order of items, as an item in the list is `Checked Out`" error when using the Reorder column.

Thanks, I meant indeed this.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

TooNewbie

Quote from: lipes on May 15, 2012, 14:07:14 PM
no news /answers here .... :(

i've tryed everything in Shopper Field List but cannot move fields up or down.. even in a new Joomla + VM instalation... i did a video too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJHbwfxBXM4

Well just the same issue as always,

No images in the fronend with the example data

When saving products VTMART error that couldn´t solve image already uploaded

No products details in the frontend when adding new products.

I am using Joomla 1.5.26 and VTMART 2.0.7

I guess this could be a big issue but from my part I have to roll back to 1.1.9 and try if can work for me, I have no released any Joomla -VTMART shop at the moment but I have a customer with the aim to use VTMART.

My best wishes to the VTMART Team in this endeavour.

lipes

Milbo: i think that i've discover a kind of "crucial problem" .. that is related with many things that I've been reporting this months... including moving the "Shopper Field List" that i've tested few seconds ago... now i confirm that is possible move up or down (like you said) but Users must Install Virtuemart by one of the 2 possible processes (with data or no sample data).

All this time i've been using new instalations with no sample data...
This is connected with many other problems.. like the navigation in breadcrumbs, no images in categories, etc... etc...

Please read my other full post here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102829.msg341564#msg341564