VM2 upgrade - states missing and order detail error - customfields.php

Started by woonydanny, January 26, 2012, 04:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woonydanny

I am running J1.5.25 (about to update to J1.7/J2.5) and VM1.1.9 and have just migrated to VM2.0

All seemed to go ok in the migrate apart from 2 things.

1.   In the Shopper list all of the State/Province fields have not been migrated and so for my 3000 customers they do not have a State assigned to them anymore. How do i fix that? I still have the jos_vm tables in my database from vm1.1.9

2.   When i look at the previous Orders I see that all the orders have an error as they had an attribute selected (eg Size) in vm1.1.9 but in VM2 they cant find the attribute and so it comes back as an error. I understand i will need to create new Custom Fields in VM2 as it is a different system to the VM1.1 way but for all my previous orders how do i not have them all 'break' and so i have no idea of what item the person bought (eg dont know what size or colour of the product the person bought!)?

In the order detail page i see for each item:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxx/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/customfields.php on line 841

Image below of what i am talking about:

please help :)

[attachment cleanup by admin]

woonydanny

I'm starting to get worried the more i look into this. If VM2 cannot convert over the type attributes from vm1.1 then how can all the previous orders on the site from the last few years have the attributes assigned to them so you know what people ordered in the order history!!!

I foolishly upgraded to VM2.0 Stable on the assumption that is was in fact stable and there was an inbuilt migration tool which i assumed would have handled these things. So I have no order history now for the last few years because VM2 doesnt recognise the old type attributes :( :(

woonydanny

Kharlanki

Yes, same happened to me.

I am just testing VM2 und redShop to decide which one to use after a migration from J!1.5 to J!2.5.