News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Modify Category Module [Count Products] [Hide empty Category]

Started by tobisagt, January 23, 2012, 16:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostmail

NO - now all categories are visible - but Categories without products but with su-categories having products say "0"

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Joomla 3.x | VirtueMart 4.0.12 107771 | HORME3 PRO 1.9.6 / 2.0
VirtueMart 4.2.4 | Joomla 4.4.1 | PHP 8.1 | Vp_neoteric 1.3

tobisagt

So, what is it what you exactly want?

You want to show maincategories, which have no prdoucts itself, but the childcategories have prodcuts and the maincategory shouldn't show the number "0" though there are no products in?

lostmail

Exactly  ;)

Sample:
Category => (50)
"Category" has no products in itself - the "50" is the summary of Subs which have products....
Sub1  => (10)
Sub2 => (15)
Sub3 => (25)

Otherwise visitors think that there are no products in the category completely...
So the first level of each category (i call it "main category") should have the summary of all products which are in it + products of Subcategories within the main categories..

lostmail

At last the categories layout is crashing in IE8....Firefox layout is OK but i recognised today that the layout is crashing in IE8...there seems to be something further wrong to be in the code...

So the count of products have to be modified and the Layout has to be improved....

Deactivated the override to VM default.... :-[

vitgioi

Bit Stupid

Thanks Tobisagt and pixelism. 

This is a great fix to some thing I would imagine should be in the core of VM by now, and has saved me.

timlogotim

Has this functionality made its way into VM core yet?  I have version 2.0.26d and I need to be able to hide categories that are empty...all the way down to the subcategories. 

Does the latest code work for this version?  Just wanted to check before making any hacks, as I really prefer not to change things that my change in future releases of VM. 

Please advise if you know - thanks!