News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Select shipping not showing until login

Started by Freshview, January 14, 2012, 21:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freshview

Hi,

Am I missing something in the new checkout. When you first load the chekout page, it says 'No shipment selected', but when you click 'select shipment' the page loads, no shipping option is available.
Once you create an account, it gets you to pick the shipping method. Why can you not select this before you login?
Have I missed a setting for this?

Regards
Phil

jenkinhill

That's correct. Shipping cost and maybe actual shipper will usually depend on delivery address/country so that has to be entered first. I'd remove the shipment method option from the first checkout view.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

spottedsparrow

Where does one do that? I don't see anything in configuration/checkout. If it's a question of modifying a PHP file, which file is it?

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 14, 2012, 23:45:07 PM
That's correct. Shipping cost and maybe actual shipper will usually depend on delivery address/country so that has to be entered first. I'd remove the shipment method option from the first checkout view.
The Spotted Sparrow
eco-friendly, vintage inspired paper goods

jlhall07

Why is there no answer to this question.... ::)

Freshview

Hi,

I am using the single page checkout in VM2, please advise which option I need to change to facilitate the removal of the 'select shipper' when not logged in, as I have not found an obvious solution to this.

It seems very odd that you would have set this to show in the first place if it is not possible to set shipping when not logged in.

Would like to get this resolved, as I would not want to put this on a live site as it is.

Regards
Phil

sapitomojado

kinseymark

Does anybody hold the answer to this question I am in the same boat as other people and would prefer this off or at least change the message to "please login to view shipping methods".

Obviously people have figured this out but some assistance would be much appreciated

jenkinhill

The template view files are editable - they are in joomla_root/components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/

And the language files are in joomla-root/language/en-GB/ - or whatever language you use.

If you make edits use overrides so the changes doe not get overwritten during the next update.
Template overrides - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=90935.0
Language overrides - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=92944.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kinseymark

Is there two pieces of coding in the template file, that we need to find

1 the link which should allow you to select a shipping method before logging in (the link which doesn't work), which needs to be deleted
2 coding which allows you to select your delivery methods once logged in