News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

NO MORE THEME. 2+ uses VIEWS (Layout Override)

Started by PRO, September 14, 2011, 21:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRO

2.0 does NOT use a "theme". It uses the standard Joomla "View".

The view folders are located
com_virtuemart/views/MANY_VIEWS_HERE

Doing a Joomla Template Override is easy.
Open the view folder you want to change, THEN, the tmpl folder.
COPY the "default.php"
THEN< follow the steps below.
In your JOOMLA template folder. You create a folder called  "html" then a folder called "com_virtuemart" in it.
Then for each view you want to override. Create a folder for it.
Then place your modified "default.php" an that views folder.
So , to override the product details page. You create YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php

Doing a Joomla Template override guarantees the view will use your modified default.php

FOR changing the css. What you do is copy the virtuemart css located in
com_virtuemart/assets/css/vmsite-ltr.css

THEN, add that to your joomla template css file. (or call it seperately, AFTER you put a copy in your Joomla template foler)
THEN, go to vmart configuration, and turn off virtuemart css

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a [url=http://extensions.virtuemart.net/support/virtuemart-supporter-membership-detail]member[/url]

ruigato

hello

in the category view i manage to show category images via

echo $category->images[0]->displayMediaThumb("",true);

the output is the image with link to itself, can someone help me to link the image to the category?

I would like to do the same with the product images listings in categories, linking the image to de product details and not the standar modal image poput.

Thanks in advance
[url=http://www.ruigato.com/] Ruigato.com[/url]-[url=http://www.arouca.biz/] Arouca.biz[/url]

PRO

You can try this

// Category Link
         $caturl = JRoute::_ ( 'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=' . $category->virtuemart_category_id );

<a href="<?php echo $caturl ?>" title="<?php echo $category->category_name ?>">
                     <?php echo $category->images[0]->displayMediaThumb("",true); ?>

</a>

PRO

Link the picture to the flypage from the category Page

<?php echo JHTML::_('link', JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id='.$product->virtuemart_product_id.'&virtuemart_category_id='.$product->virtuemart_category_id),$product->images[0]->displayMediaThumb('class="browseProductImage" border="0"',false)); ?>

Ellalex

Based on this "YOU CAN then choose it as the default in vmart configuration" I created my own productdetails view and changed the vmart configuration to have the one I changed as default.

So I thought this would be my default view for at least the new products so that I don't have to choose it every time I create a new product... but when I create a new product at Product Details Page field the "default" is selected and not the one I set up as the default in vmart configuration.

Is this how it works or am I doing something wrong? Do I have to choose the new one for all products I create?

Ellalex

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on September 20, 2011, 20:06:16 PM
Lance, it could be coded.

BUT you can also choose related categories in each product

Related Categories works though I would prefer it to show this without me having to add them but anyway this works but I want to move it on another place on the view e.g. under Manufacturer in product-details view.

Anyone knows which code I should move there? I tried many ways but none seemed to work :(

Edit: Found it, had to move the code below to move custom fields on another place in productdetails view  ::)

<?php
if (!empty(
$this->product->customfields)) { ?>

<div class="product-fields">
<?php
$custom_title null ;
foreach ($this->product->customfields as $field){
?>
<div style="display:inline-block;" class="product-field product-field-type-<?php echo $field->field_type ?>">
<?php if ($field->custom_title != $custom_title) { ?>
<span class="product-fields-title" ><b><?php echo JText::_($field->custom_title); ?></b></span>
<?php echo JHTML::tooltip($field->custom_tip,  JText::_($field->custom_title), 'tooltip.png');
?>

<span class="product-field-display"><?php echo $field->display ?></span>
<span class="product-field-desc"><?php echo jText::_($field->custom_field_desc?></span>
</div>
<?php
$custom_title $field->custom_title;
?>

</div>
<?php
// Product custom_fields END ?>

PeterMK85

For me one thing is missing:

The code for the measurements of the product (length/height/width/weight)

Anybody knows that?

PRO

Quote from: PeterMK85 on December 25, 2011, 16:43:40 PM
For me one thing is missing:

The code for the measurements of the product (length/height/width/weight)

Anybody knows that?

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=92756.0

flaterik

How to use this code on product detail page?
I try to use it but doesn't recognize <?php echo $product->stock->stock_level ?> and the image doesn't work

Product Stock Level Picture
                  <div class="paddingtop8">
                     <span class="vmicon vm2-<?php echo $product->stock->stock_level ?>" title="<?php echo

$product->stock->stock_tip ?>"></span>
                     <span class="stock-level"><?php echo JText::_

('COM_VIRTUEMART_STOCK_LEVEL_DISPLAY_TITLE_TIP') ?></span>
                  </div>

infinart

ok. So how does one, like myself, with no PHP and very little html skill make the category pages look decent. I like my sites to be pixel perfect.
Are there pre-made php files that already style the page rather than the mess I see as in the attached image?

Rock on!

PRO

Quote from: infinart on January 03, 2012, 11:40:55 AM
ok. So how does one, like myself, with no PHP and very little html skill make the category pages look decent. I like my sites to be pixel perfect.
Are there pre-made php files that already style the page rather than the mess I see as in the attached image?

sounds like you will need to buy a theme , or learn html/css

No other way around it

flaterik

[quote ]
                     <span class="vmicon vm2-<?php echo $product->stock->stock_level ?>" title="<?php echo

</div>
[/quote]

Someone can help me? I think i don't write very well my problem
The code that i post work on category page.
I want to put in productdetails but doesn't work.

PRO

Quote from: flaterik on January 03, 2012, 02:08:03 AM
How to use this code on product detail page?
I try to use it but doesn't recognize <?php echo $product->stock->stock_level ?> and the image doesn't work

</div>

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=92756.0

flaterik

There i can't find Product Stock Level Picture!