News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Is it possible to do a MANUAL MIGRATION?

Started by kthackston, January 05, 2012, 20:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hpolimar

i try to ask...

since all products were imported without VAT, any chance to have a way to automatically add VAT rule to everyone ?

PRO

look in the calculations, you can set a default

hpolimar

thanks again for your help. just 2 issues left (i hope).

1) After all the migration i've all the categories and they work. But when i'm adding a new product, and i've to choose the category, i press for example "n" to choose the category "networking" but it says no category found, so i've to manually scroll until "networking". this does not apply to all the categories

2)this one is maybe related to the template but i don't know which file to check for the problem: with vm2.0rc3 i can see the cart module on the webpage. Same settings,same position with vm2.0 final, and i can't see the cart module.

thank you for your precious help

kthackston

I am still getting error messages when I try to migrate, or import the data directly into mySQL. I do the import into mySQL and I can see that all of the info is there, but it does not show in Joomla. Additionally, i keep getting the error message: No Shop Currency defined! Go to http://MYSERVEr/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=editshop

Help, I am moving into critical now.

kthackston

I've managed to get it to recognize and seems to have migrated everything, at least it says it did. However, I keep getting the error:

No Shop Currency defined! Go to http://myserver.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=editshop

but I cannot find where to define the currency.

Also, it says it imported the order history and I see them in the backend of MYSQL, but they are not showing in the backend of Joomla, just this error message, which may be the problem.

kthackston

Finally discovered the ONLY WAY AROUND THE ERROR is to install the SAMPLE DATA and then manually delete it afterwards. However, don't bother with this extension, as there are no SHIPPING or PAYMENT options included in the 2.0 version.

A complete waste of time until they get that covered. This should not be considered a working extension.