News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Custom Field with Cart Attribute - price multiplier

Started by AH, December 21, 2011, 18:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH

Just looking at VM2 for the first time and wondering if the ability to buy a product by length is now supported.

I can see how to add a Custom Field with a Cart Attribute

I can see how to apply this to a product and set a price modifier.

But (there is always a but) in VM 1.1.8 I had to customise VM to be able to accept a price modifier that was a multiplier to the base price.

e.g. base price = $10
1 meter -  m1 = $10
2 meter = m2  =$20
3 meter = m3 = $30

Any idea if it can do this now in VM2

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

PRO

This can be done with a custom field plugin.

do you need a quantity box as well?

OR the quantity is the dropdown?

checks

I am in need of this or how to do it also, A drop down menu for sizes , colors and different prices

PRO

AH

Banquet

So I think your answer was "no not in core, bu can be done using the custom plugin feature"

Is that correct?

I will therefore have to look into how to develop the plugin for this as and when I need it.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

robbluther

I am assuming in to do something smimilar to this and it actually change the SKU based on the options, we would need to use child products?

PRO

Quote from: Hutson on December 22, 2011, 17:01:09 PM
Banquet

So I think your answer was "no not in core, bu can be done using the custom plugin feature"

Is that correct?

I will therefore have to look into how to develop the plugin for this as and when I need it.

yes

http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Product_Plugins

robbluther

It doesn't seem like that will work for SKU's...  :(

PRO

robbluther

I can't seem to get the child product to display in any way on the parent product page (Ideally it would be a drop down option).

PRO

Studio 42

robbluther
You can select the customfield "product" if you don't handle Stocks.
The plug-in for child product is in heavy development

Hutson
For the meter  /  price the plug-in trigger exist and can be used to modify the price dynamical on the rules you choose.
Eg multiply 2.5m*4.3m*1,40$(+100$ fixed) because you can write the rules in the plug-in itself

But this is not developed for now but possible.