News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Attributes/Custom Fields Thread

Started by PRO, September 12, 2011, 15:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iomiom

Hello, what you have done with your drop down boxes is excellent.
Could you be so kind to explain to me a little how do you prosses?
Becaus i'm trying to do the same but we see only one line in my drop down box of my custom fields...

Thank you in advance.

vigier

This really drove me mad. What I found out is that when I create 2 different fields of type custom_text_plugin and add them to a product, it works.
When I for example add other things like cart variant and fill them with some options, it doesn't work anymore. Then it only stores the values that I select from the cart variant dropdowns.

So I decided to complete change my productset. All the options that I had on my products are now different articles. Not the way I wanted it, but if that's the only thing that works...
Now I have a set of products that have two fields based on the custom_text_plugin and a bunch of other products.
They do save to the database now and are shown everywhere. It even looks like as if since version 2.0.7 (no suffix) it doesn't show the field names twice anymore.
EDIT Just installed 2.0.7d this morning and now it's double again.

What is left for me is:

• A - The order of fields/values shown is wrong. What it shows now:
  • .       1. Name of the first field + user value of the first field
  • .       2. Name of the first field + user value of the second field
  • .       3. Name of the second field + user value of the first field
  • .       4. Name of the second field + user value of the second field
  • B - There is no check whether the fields are filled by the user or not
  • C - There is no possibility to create conditions on the field. The user inserts an integer value and I want to give it a maximum value

I checked the values written to product_attribute in tblsr_virtuemart_order_items and it says {"29":{"textinput":{"comment":"1234"}},"28":{"textinput":{"comment":"4567"}}}
That means it contains just the values of both custom_text_plugins, which is good. So, it's somewhere in the code that shows the contents....

maketheweb

Hi, I'm using Virtuemart 2.0.7c and Joomla 1.5.26 with no problems whatsoever but when I ad a custom field with 2 values, for example, Option A €1 and Option B €0,50 it always adds €1 to the price no matter which option I choose... so Virtuemart always chooses the first option, even if one of the options is free...

Am I the only one with this problem? Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks!

lipes

custom fields are working strange.... the price in 2.0.7D is always the same.. doesnt change...
i.e. if anyone had the Sample Data instaled, please select the Size 50 in the Circular Saw and you'll see the problem that what i am talking.... Then add to the Cart... and go to "Show Car" .. compare the prices for different sizes.. You cant because the price it's always the same.

Quote from: BanquetTables.pro on September 13, 2011, 18:35:10 PM
For a simple dropdown for color/size etc.

Click "Custom Fields" in vmart admin.
1)Add 1 just like the picture attached.
2)Go into the product/custom field tab
3)Click the dropdown and choose the custom field you just setup.
4) The field appears below with ajax.
5) You can now edit that field.
6) To add more sizes/colors. Repeat step 3.

I've tryed to create all  kinds of types in Custom Fields .. but none of them worked ..
CF works fine in stable 2.0.6,
2.0.7 (is a version just to test) ... CF doesnt work...
so we must wait for next stable release.. maybe 2.0.8
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

razvanadrian

Quote from: quadbsys on May 01, 2012, 21:16:04 PM
Quote from: virtue111 on November 04, 2011, 21:54:18 PM
Originally posted this here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=132.0 but if we get an answer we will put it here, vice versa:

We would like to make a custom field, with a preset of selections that will come with it. For simple sake let's say we want to make a "Color" variant, and have the options of "Red" "blue" and "green".

I have figured out how to get the Color attribute to show up on the product, and then I can type in "Red", "Blue", and "Green" into the Ajaxy fields. But we have a ton of products and don't want to have to go in and type them all manually.

Is there anyway to make "Color" a parent, and make "Red" "Blue" and "Green" be child items, so that they will always come up? And then we could use the Ajaxy thing to delete "Red" if we didn't want it for a certain product, or to add "Purple" if we needed it specifically for a product?

It seems like this should be easy to do, but we just can't get it to work.

I thought maybe adding the Parent item, and setting it to "Is a List" and then adding child items of "Strings" but this doesn't work either. Please help!
IS THERE AN ANSWER to this?? We want to do this same thing. We DONT have the time or ability to go into EVERY single product, select 'color' and use the stupid ajax thing to write "red" "blue" "green" for every single product we offer, There has to be another solution to group custom fields. It is bad enough that we have to go into every product and SET the custom field to it, but to have to set what all the options are is a pain and what if the options change?? We have to go in every product to add that we can now make a yellow tshirt? Ridiculous!

Well that's the main problem the way i see it, and is the first problem everybody noticed since the 2.0 got out, we are at 2.0.6 now and the main problem is still here. I think the guys coding stuff should read the forums too.

we should be able to set up the values and prices of different attributes for a costume field while we are still in costume fields MENU, not later when we get to a product and we are on the costume fields TAB of that product. this way we would have like a template and just add it to a product by one click, AND IF LATTER U HAVE TO CHANGE SOMETHING U JUST CHANGE IT IN THE TEMPLATE so you dont have to take all your products again from one end to the other.

GOD HELP US! :)

razvanadrian

Quote from: quadbsys on May 01, 2012, 21:16:04 PM
Quote from: virtue111 on November 04, 2011, 21:54:18 PM
Originally posted this here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=132.0 but if we get an answer we will put it here, vice versa:

We would like to make a custom field, with a preset of selections that will come with it. For simple sake let's say we want to make a "Color" variant, and have the options of "Red" "blue" and "green".

I have figured out how to get the Color attribute to show up on the product, and then I can type in "Red", "Blue", and "Green" into the Ajaxy fields. But we have a ton of products and don't want to have to go in and type them all manually.

Is there anyway to make "Color" a parent, and make "Red" "Blue" and "Green" be child items, so that they will always come up? And then we could use the Ajaxy thing to delete "Red" if we didn't want it for a certain product, or to add "Purple" if we needed it specifically for a product?

It seems like this should be easy to do, but we just can't get it to work.

I thought maybe adding the Parent item, and setting it to "Is a List" and then adding child items of "Strings" but this doesn't work either. Please help!
IS THERE AN ANSWER to this?? We want to do this same thing. We DONT have the time or ability to go into EVERY single product, select 'color' and use the stupid ajax thing to write "red" "blue" "green" for every single product we offer, There has to be another solution to group custom fields. It is bad enough that we have to go into every product and SET the custom field to it, but to have to set what all the options are is a pain and what if the options change?? We have to go in every product to add that we can now make a yellow tshirt? Ridiculous!

Well that's the main problem the way i see it, and is the first problem everybody noticed since the 2.0 got out, we are at 2.0.6 now and the main problem is still here. I think the guys coding stuff should read the forums too.

we should be able to set up the values and prices of different attributes for a costume field while we are still in costume fields MENU, not later when we get to a product and we are on the costume fields TAB of that product. this way we would have like a template and just add it to a product by one click, AND IF LATTER U HAVE TO CHANGE SOMETHING U JUST CHANGE IT IN THE TEMPLATE so you dont have to take all your products again from one end to the other. And of course u could have more templates for the whole store but still is better to modify 10 templates then to modify 1100 products.

GOD HELP US! :)

spyderwebdesign

I have my child variants working, but the parent is listed as the first item in the drop down. How can I remove the parent and hard code "Please choose a..." as the first item?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

dsrpmedia

in this thread http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=100330.0 a couple people seemed to get that working, but I could n`t figure it out

spyderwebdesign

Thanks, I will check it out right now. If I get it to work, I'll make a video for you showing how I did it.

dsrpmedia

spyderwebdesign

I posted in their thread. I followed there directions, but the parent still displays in 2.0.6

This is so annoying. At this point I am willing to pay someone $1000 to go back in time and tell me not to use VM 2.0 for this project. I feel like I have wasted 6 months of my life.

spyderwebdesign

HOLY CRAP!!! - I think I found it with my fundamental php skills.

This appears to work, but I need to test ordering a product to see what happens.

in administrator\components\com_virtuemart\models\customfields.php
around line 763

foreach($uncatChildren as $k => $child){
   $options[] = array( 'value' => JRoute::_('index.php?   option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_category_id='.$virtuemart_category_id.'&virtuemart_product_id='.$child['virtuemart_product_id']) ,'text' =>$child['product_name']);

change to

foreach($uncatChildren as $k => $child){
   $options[] = array( 'value' => JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_category_id='.$virtuemart_category_id.'&virtuemart_product_id='.$child['virtuemart_product_id']) ,'text' =>$child['product_name']);
   $options[0]['text'] = "Please choose a size";
               }
or just add
   $options[0]['text'] = "Please choose a size";
on the line before the
}

OpenGlobal

This has been fixed for 2.0.8 anyway.

OpenGlobal

spyderwebdesign

Quote from: OpenGlobal on June 17, 2012, 10:52:35 AM
This has been fixed for 2.0.8 anyway.

OpenGlobal

2.0.8? I never saw 2.0.7 released. My site has been cusomtized / hacked so much, I don't think I can upgrade off of 2.0.6