Author Topic: Limit Category Levels Viewed In Admin Backend List Categories  (Read 4145 times)

fidel

Limit Category Levels Viewed In Admin Backend List Categories
« on: December 29, 2006, 02:27:43 am »
I have seen referrence to this previously, but I have not seen anything lately on the subject.

For those who have many categories and levels of sub-categories within their Virtuemart, I am suggesting a feature within the back end administration panel that would make it possible to quickly enable and disable certain levels of the category tree.

For example, say one has 10 main categories. Below that there are 100 sub-categories. Within each of those categories, there are five sub-sub-categories each. I am suggesting a feature that would enable a person only to see a certain level of categories or even sub-sub-categories of a chosen category if they choose.

So, if I wanted to change the name of the 10 main categories, I would click a button or select a drop down menu that would only show me main categories.

walters

• Beginner
Re: Limit Category Levels Viewed In Admin Backend List Categories
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 20:34:01 pm »
It is 'must be' improvement in fact. I am messing with category management - i have 700+ of them - and do not understand why this feature is overlooked in VM...

fidel

Re: Limit Category Levels Viewed In Admin Backend List Categories
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 20:49:00 pm »
Neither do I. I have several sites with approximately 1500 sub categories, and it's a pain. I'm sure the devs will get around to it. Hopefully later this year I'll have some time to learn to code and tackle it myself.

What type of shop are you running? Have a link?

Luciffere

• Web Design de Calitate
    • Web Design de Calitate
Gift based on total order
Web design, logo, branding, joomla, virtuemart, flash. Portofoliu web design: http://www.luciffere.ro/portofoliu.html