Author Topic: Yagendoo's VAmazing theme: hardcoded featured products itemID issues  (Read 2324 times)

Zobbster

• Beginner
I'm rather disgusted with Yagendoo for not having any sort of user support.  I have a genuine support question about their VAmazing theme, but don't have anywhere to turn to... so I pose my question to the vm forum and hope that someone can point me in the right direction :)

Virtuemart is set to be the website's (www.yippiekaiay.com) front page. Along with this I have a couple of modules that should only display on this starting page - the header image rotator, the large logo and a latest products module.

On other pages (ie: anything other than the front page) I have set up modules to display a slimmer version of these modules, with exception of the latest products module (which doesn't appear).  I'm using Advanced Module Manager (http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/modules-management/10307) to perform this.

However, when a user clicks on any of the products generated within the Featured Products area (this is theme controlled & generated), the system pushes the user through to the product WITH the properties of the front page - meaning the larger sized modules are displayed, which causes more scrolling for the user and exactly the issue I was trying to avoid.  I have narrowed this down to the file featuredProducts.tpl.php (within components/com_virtuemart/themes/yagendoo_VaMazing/templates/common/) at around line 34:
Code: [Select]
<a title="<?php echo $featured["product_name"?>" href="<?php $sess->purl(URL."index.php?option=com_virtuemart&amp;page=shop.product_details&amp;flypage=".$featured["flypage"]."&amp;product_id=".$featured["product_id"]) ?>">
<?php echo ps_product::image_tag$featured["product_thumb"], "class=\"browseProductImage\" border=\"0\" alt=\"".$featured["product_name"]."\"");?>
</a>

Does anyone know how to modify this code to allow a fixed itemID (194) to be applied to the url?  All my attempts haven’t worked yet.

Sorry this has turned into an essay, but I'm pulling my hair out with no idea where to turn.  Does anyone have any ideas?
-----------------------------------
"moc-moc-a-moc m'dear!

Zobbster

• Beginner
Re: Yagendoo's VAmazing theme: hardcoded featured products itemID issues
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 15:26:41 pm »
Just bumping shamelessly - but I'd like to also point out that I emailed Yagendoo requesting help and haven't heard anything back from them...

Read into that what you will...
-----------------------------------
"moc-moc-a-moc m'dear!

wicko

• Graphic and web design
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 14:47:53 pm »
I agree with you with regards to Yagendoo support or total lack of support. It is a shame as some of their products look quite good but I would recommend anyone use them unless they are prepared to spend loads of time fixing incompatibility issues.

I use the Yagendoo latest product module on my site and all seems ok.

I will try and see if I can help you with your query. I understand you have the Yagendoo latest products published to front page and then would also like it published to another page. But when you press 1 of the products it opens with the front page modules in place.
Do you have a menu that is pointing to virtuemart?
Also the modules on the front page are these enabled on the virtuemart page? Do you also have a home page button? If you are using the home page as your virtuemart then the modules enabled on the home page will always display in the main virtuemart page.

Hope this helps

Wicko

dracoteam

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 18:14:30 pm »
Yagendoo is the worst company I´ve ever see. I spend more than 100 euros for nothing, lots of bugs and no support with an active suscription, even no answer saying "I don´t give support" they just ignore you.