News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

PayPal New API Adds Credit Card Payment Option that causes error

Started by jdl777, February 06, 2011, 21:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zanardi

@edgecrafter:
this is one of the bug i think i have fixed in the other post "PayPal updates and fixes". All other significant bugs for 1.1.8 are fixed so i think that a BETA 1.1.8 package could be ready in a couple of weeks.
This being spare time work, as usual i can not promise any fixed date. If i have less spare time, it'll take longer. :-)
--
Francesco (zanardi)
http://extensions.gibilogic.com
@gibilogic on Twitter

Aglobalweb

Aglobal Web
http://www.aglobalweb.com/
Professional Joomla/Virtuemart Customization

zanardi

@Aglobalweb:
i will surely check it soon! Thank you for sharing.
--
Francesco (zanardi)
http://extensions.gibilogic.com
@gibilogic on Twitter

adham

Dint work for me, if I use express cheout it works ok and goes t Paypal "normaly" but if you check out gives you credit cart error.
I have a credit card process form that appears no matter what, i cant stop it.

slayer2199

I just upgraded my site from 1.1.5 to 1.1.8 and had this problem. Aglobalweb's fix worked for me. Thank you!

Stonedfury

@Aglobalweb Thanks for your fix. It solved a few issues, however there is still the issue.

PayPal API should load its own credit card form and for some reason is not. That is what I have come to the conclusion of.

So far there is a tax issue when submitting to paypal with the api. Easy fix by searching VM forums. There is also a fix to set the new paypal api to send you straight to paypal with credit card option or sign in. I would truly like to find out why the card for this API is not loading its own but instead the "credit card" module. It should have it's own.

Hope that makes sense.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

ewanvrooyen

Im afraid @Aglobalweb's solution did not work form me in 1.1.8 either.

Anyone, please?

ralfeez

I believe that this issue is still a problem. I am using J1.5.23 and VM 1.1.9 and the error still shows "Error: Credit Card Type not found" when "Enable Direct Payment" is not selected. When it is selected, the user can be redirected to Paypal, but cannot use the Credit Card form to enter in information. If they do, the error reads "Error: Error - Paypal did not complete the transaction. Please try again in a little while.
Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_paypal_api)". Please review this bug and post any findings that you may have. Thank you,
Ralph

nasowos

Aglobalweb's solution worked for me (1.1.9) - thanks so far!

But I want to voice that it is outrageous, how buggy VM is out of the box!!  >:(

crazihel

Quote from: jdl777 on February 06, 2011, 22:14:04 PM
SOLVED:

in the file: components/com_virtuemart/themes/(your theme)/templates/checkout/list_payment_methods.tpl.php

...I commented out line 113 s shown below:

<div class="yagendoo_vm_checkout_payment_elements">
         <?php $ps_payment_method->list_nocheck($payment_method_id,  false); ?>
         <?php $ps_payment_method->list_bank($payment_method_id,  false); ?>
         <!--<?php $ps_payment_method->list_paypalrelated($payment_method_id,  false); ?>-->
      </div>

You can see that I have commented out the "paypal related" line. This removed the "Credit Card" option but left the other option intact.

Hope this helps someone who gets lost like I was!

Sorry but commenting out this line is not the answer. I want my customers to be able to pay by paypal (using the paypal api method) & by credit cards via a card processor. Commenting out '<?php $ps_payment_method->list_paypalrelated($payment_method_id,  false); ?>' comments out any alternative html-formed based payment methods as well. Can someone please advise of a better solution. Thank you!

crazihel

Anyone...? This is one of the last things I need to do, please help if you can :) thanks!

joeleal

I am having the same problem, an i have read everything here, nothing works for me. Can any one help, i will even pay for it!

Hermes

Hi There:

I'm having exactly the same problems of all the other users, but I have made one minor change that partially solve my problem, but clearly doesn't solve it.
The solution is one suggested by some users of the forum, and is to comment the following line in the file get_payment_method_paypal_ex.tpl.php:

echo ps_checkout::list_payment_methods( $payment_method_id );

Of course, you can add also the attribute checked to this other line:

<input type="radio" id="paypalExpressID_ecm" name="payment_method_id" value="<?php echo ps_paypal_api::getPaymentMethodId();?>" checked="checked" />

Although this fact only saves a click to the users, which isn't bad, but doesn't solve the real problem.

Dear developers, I have a good level of php, and more or less I have a good Acknowledge of virtuemart, because I have developed many sites with virtuemart.
Anyway I don't understand exactly the logical that virtuemart follows to process the cart, it's a little obscure. I probably could solve if you can tell me something about it.
When user clicks in "Checkout" and Paypal Express is the only method what happens?
I know that this coud sound very comical if it is supposed that I understand php, but I have more or less debbuged the file checkout index, and I don't understand why any about paypal
is generated, any variable, nor ppex_token, nor any session variable about paypal, only $paypalActive is ok, although his value is 1 instead of Y. am I wrong?

I have activate the debug mode in virtuemart but clearly you can find nothing important there and doesn't help to search the problem, at less I haven't found anything relevant.

Please, could tell something related to the logical of the applicattion, in order to try to solve this problem for all the users.
I will work to solve this if you give me some light. My time is also limited as the time of Zanardi, for example.

Thanks in advance, sorry for my english and have a nice day from Spain (Europe)!

Note for users testing Virtuemart and PayPal CheckOut Express in Sandbox:
As far as I know, only accounts created with EEUU as your country works well with virtuemart for testing.
I mean, that I have never get success testing any web if I don't create the sandbox account
with EEUU as my country of residence, and dollars as my currency. And it's important to say
that all payments received by the checkout express will be always returned as "pending".
When you go live all will be ok as expected, but in sandbox NO! All will be "Pending" whatever you do.

korinsama

So, i did all the steps stated in the previous posts, and it works (hurray), but the Checkout with Paypal button still does not redirect to Paypal, it sends me to the confirmation page with this error :

Error: PayPal returned: The field Shipping Address State is required

how do i fix this?
Thanks in advance ~