News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Help needed for Record Label site

Started by jwillturn, October 25, 2010, 15:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwillturn

Hi there,

I've spent quite a while trawling these forums for help in best utilizing Virtuemart to help me with a project to build a record label download store.

I'm trying to create a store that sells albums in 3 formats - MP3, AAC and FLAC.

I know Virtuemart has these capabilities but my experience with the software is still limited while I do have some experience with Joomla.

Could anyone PM me if they are able to help me set up this site? I ideally want to create a site where upon clicking on the thumbnail/title of an album, the users are then shown a CD Detail page with track listings where either the entire disc or selected tracks can be purchased in one of the 3 available formats.

In particular I have found in the live store pages that http://www.admusicam.com/ has a wonderful set up and would like something close to this if possible.

Many thanks,

Jwillturn

KKeys

Hi, I am essentially trying to do the same thing.  Hopefully posters will share here as well as PM!  I also have a player on each CD product page, which has its own BUY link I am trying to configure with VirtueMart, as I do not know if the product attributes/ child products I have created for each individual track have their own url...play I would love it if they simply added to the cart, not took users to a new Virtuemart page... Is there a good tool to organize this stuff better?

KKeys

Ah!  Actually, their format is exactly what I need - greal link jwillturn!  (Except they are a French site, so a bit tough to contact with questions, even if they did happen to design it themselves...)