VirtueMart 1.1.x [ Old version - no longer supported ] > Installation & Upgrade VM 1.1

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=', expecting ')' [SOLVED]

(1/3) > >>

jripleypm:
Hey everyone, stoked to get this component running!  I installed the main COM_ and a few additional moduals, and then linked it to the page I wanted it to load on.  when I click on that link I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=', expecting ')' in C:\Domains\2hip.com\wwwroot\new\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\classes\payment\ps_paypal_api.php on line 1395

I opened the file and the line that is having issues is as follows:

function getCartnvpstr( &$order_totals=array() ) {

I'm at a bit of a loss here.. it looks ok from what I can tell but i'm not a coding guru.. any help would be greatly apreciated!  I kind of hit a wall on my project!

Joseph Kwan:
Try remove =array() and see if this fix the problem.

jripleypm:
Thats whats up!  Thank you! I knew it had to be something simple!

bobbiek:
I am a REAL newbie here.  My Canadian friend and I are trying to get this up together and neither one of us can figure it out.

What file are you talking about?
I opened the file and the line that is having issues is as follows:

When we go to the configuration we cannot find these words in the html.  Neither of us knows what file is being spoken about that should be opened and changed other than Paypal/configuration.

Any help in newbie terms would be appreciated.  This is only the third site I have built in five years and each time with a different program so I am not very advanced in this.

Thanks.

Joseph Kwan:
Change

to

function getCartnvpstr( &$order_totals) {

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version