Author Topic: [SOLVED] How to hide "Ask a Question about this product" from registered users?  (Read 2330 times)

kjogiste

• Beginner
    • Deffex Media - Your idea, our realization!
Hello everyone,

I have one issue, to be more specific then my problem is that i dont know how to hide button "Ask question about this product" from registered users, but show to guests?

I have one solution for hiding "Order" function from guests:

Add little script for flypage.tpl.php file:

<?php if ($_SESSION['auth']['user_id'] < 1) { ?>
<style type="text/css" media="screen">
   .addtocart_button, .inputboxquantity, .quantity_box_button, .quantity_box_button_down, .quantity_box_up, .quantity_box, .details-bottom-section { display:none;}
</style>
<?php } ?>

Maybe someone can help me (A)? - would be really thankful if someone could figure it out.

Maybe i can use this same little script to hide button from registered users - some hints?

Best regards,
Kristjan Jogiste
www.deffex.com
Deffex Media - Your idea, our realization! (www.deffex.com)

kjogiste

• Beginner
Please, nobody dont know?

Best regards,
Kristjan Jogiste
www.deffex.com

Svetlio

In order to hide the Ask question about this product button from the logged in web site users you should edit the components/com_virtuemart/themes/YOUR_THEME/templates/product_details/flypage.tpl.php file.

In the above path replace the YOUR_THEME string with your actual VirtueMart theme name.

Find the following line:

<td colspan="2"><?php echo $ask_seller ?></td>

and replace it with:

<td colspan="2"><?php if ($_SESSION['auth']['user_id'] < 1) echo $ask_seller ?></td>

In this way the corresponding button will be visible only for the non-registered users.
SiteGround Technical Support Team Member. Check out our special VirtueMart hosting package

kjogiste

• Beginner
Thank you very much Svetlio, but I still dont know how to make this button visible only for non-registered uses and hide from registered users? - maybe you can give me some hints for this option?

Best regards,
Kristjan Jogiste
www.deffex.com

kjogiste

• Beginner
If it is possible for someone to help me out with this, i would be really happy.

Thank you,
Kristjan Jõgiste
www.deffex.com

kjogiste

• Beginner
I got it work thank you verymuch Svetlio - maybe i can donate you for your help :)?

Please give me your PayPal account - i will send you just money for beer for helping me out with this :)

My solution: in my flypage.tpl.php

<div class="ask-seller">
<?php if ($_SESSION['auth']['user_id'] < 1) echo $ask_seller ?>
         </div>

Best regards and thank you very much for this,
Kristjan Jogiste
www.deffex.com