Author Topic: Basket / Cart load Mambots/Plugins  (Read 11371 times)

scathdesolas

• Beginner
Basket / Cart load Mambots/Plugins
« on: March 14, 2010, 03:16:05 am »
I need to know how to accomplish getting the mambots / plugins to work inside the cart / basket. I have it all modified on my website which I am trying to get released by the 20th of this month.

Some information about me, I've been doing web design for years, so feel free to talk techy and in detail I am very patient.

Site Specs:
> Plugins / Mambots work fine inside each category  -> short description and long description both load! (Click "Music" and they load, go to store home and they don't load in featured / latest products)
> No errors at all on my site, ever. Fresh install.
> Using the Mynxx template by RocketTheme

My Issue:
I have the entire cart setup already. I have added the Short Description table into the cart/basket already, works great.
>> IT does NOT load plugins / mambots. The pixeloutplayer does not load, just the code {audio}/source/file.mp3{/audio}

I need them to load via the Store homepage for the Featured / Latest products. Instead I just get the same thing as the cart/basket, the code.

Any help?

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Re: [HELP] Basket / Cart load Mambots/Plugins
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 18:59:35 pm »
In your VM Admin Config... "Enable content mambots / plugins in descriptions?" should be checked... is it?

scathdesolas

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 00:24:44 am »
Yes of course it is. Only issue is I've had to custom modify to allow the use of JoomlaXTC Tiny Mp3 Player and other players via the actual php files.

The plug-ins do not load, just show code, on the actual latest products / featured products page OR my shopping cart / basket. They load everywhere else inside Virtuemart that I have them set.

How do I assure that they load via the cart / basket and the latest / featured? (The area in site configuration where you set to allow latest products / featured products to show on the "homepage") the short description shows the code for the mp3 player plugin inside the cart...

Do I need to set my own mambots / macros?

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 01:18:54 am »
Right, this is an issue with Joomla. Actually, considered a feature.

To invoke plugins with modules you'll want something like:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/embed-a-include/6713

scathdesolas

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 01:49:42 am »
Well how can I modify this for it to work? Any suggestions?

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 02:28:23 am »
See my link and use the VM MODULES to accomplish this for latest featured.

For cart, I haven't a clue off top of my head.

scathdesolas

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 02:32:05 am »
How can VM MODULES help? I'm having an issue with the front page of the Virtuemart Component on the Front-End, that is where it is not showing the plug-ins.

It's not a module issue, although thank you for that information too!

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 02:34:19 am »
I understand, but what happens if you do use the Latest & Featured VM modules on the homepage instead, in combination with above solution. That would solve your Latest and Featured VM problem. It's an alternative working solution.

scathdesolas

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 06:30:38 am »
Okay, I understand what you're getting at now, thank you. And the modules do not display the plug-ins at all. There is no short description via modules.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 08:01:13 am »
Ah,ya. If I were you I'd dig around a little more on Joomla forum, since that's really where you might find more direction to this matter.

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 07:03:12 am »
It could simply be a matter of the cart pages currently set to parse filtered HTML instead of raw HTML that would allow the plugins to work... It's easy to change that for the product / category / store front pages, I'm sure you could get it to work in the cart too. I'll look into this later today...

As for customizing the modules to support short descriptions and plugins, there are guides here on the forums that detail what to modify to get extra variables to display in the Latest / Featured products modules that use vmproductsnapshot.tpl.php, just have a quick look (since I don't have the time at the moment... :))

InternalWealth

• Beginner
Re: Basket / Cart load Mambots/Plugins
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 18:26:43 pm »
Here's your solution:

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/embed-a-include/9801

I've used it on more than a dozen sites and it's never let me down - including running onepixelout within the short description in VM.  Just make sure you read the comments/reviews on the extensions page as that's the only place that instructions are located.

:)

snowball77

Re: Basket / Cart load Mambots/Plugins
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 05:27:34 am »
Hi There,
Just wondering if you could tell me how you add the short description to the basket (cart page?)
I would like to show the short description rather then the sku?
thanks