Author Topic: Payments by card and cash on delivery  (Read 1476 times)

k043

• Beginner
Payments by card and cash on delivery
« on: January 29, 2010, 00:42:35 am »
Hi,

I need to accept payments by visa-card, master card etc also cash on delivery but is there any free service for this or must I pay to use this? I want customers to be able to buy items and the process should be automatic. There must be a way for this but im not sure how do do it yet.

So please give me some tips for this first of all a free solution and second a service you have to pay for.

thanks

/Kenn

davidboutcher

• Beginner
Re: Payments by card and cash on delivery
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 00:59:59 am »
If I understand what you're after then the answer is yes.

In vm go to the  menu on the left and click store. The in the same menu click 'list payment methods'. In the centre of the screen you should see a list of payment methods. Tick 'cash on delivery' and edit any details of it.

Paypal is a good payment processor to start with. No set up fees although they do take a small cut of transactions. Give this a tick and then go in and edit your details. (you'll have to sign up for an account prior)

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Re: Payments by card and cash on delivery
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 23:52:47 pm »
For COD you will have to set up an arrangement with the shippers who will get payment at the time of delivery. They will take a fixed fee or % for this and may also require an initial arrangement fee.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.8.4.10335 on Joomla 3.9.21 PHP 7.4.9