Author Topic: HACK: AutoGen Metadata Metatag. Product, Category. Title, Description, Keywords  (Read 403159 times)

IntraX

I have some addition to this project, would be "customizable VM landing pages for Google Adwords and other forms of advertising where a special landing page is preferable". So without using Joomla pages or static pages and working in conjunction with MetaData too. Could be great for "special pages" too.

mrhuge

• Beginner
My guess is the filtering of words in the hack is somehow having an issue with Russian characters.

I suggest you try an echo statement within shop.product_details.php (or shop.browse.php), starting with:

function clean_text($input_text)

and slowly move down each part of the filter from there, echoing variables until you find where the Russian words are being filtered out. I bet you can nail it down this way. Let me know your results!

Thanks for suggestion, Forrest!

Soon I'll get my hands to it, try and post results here. Great that you continue to support such a nice useful hack!

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
@grietbroek: I understand you believe your issues are the fault of this hack, but this hack has NOTHING to do with your Joomla article SEO. This hack is and can only be run on VM product/category pages.

noanna001

• Beginner
Hello,
I tried to install the hack, but there is still some problems. I tried to instal by joomla installator and receive information that .xml installation file is not found. What exactly should I do to instal it, because it looks very interesting. Please help, and sorry for so simple question(probably).
Joomla 1.5.7, VM 1.1.4.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
This is a hack... not an installable zip. You have to run the .sql via phpmyadmin (or similar), and overwrite your old files in VM with the new ones included via FTP.

grietbroek

• Beginner
@forrest, you are right. I thought I allready updated the patch after the Joomla update, but I failed to do it. So it is working fine. Great to have the benefits of metadata now!

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Check out your settings in sh404SEF. While I have not used it, others have, and have posted about a setting you can turn off in it to keep this hack working, rather than being overwritten by sh404sef.

xeont

• Beginner
hi,

i have "installed" this in mywebsite, this is working fine until i turn on my sef404sef.. when i turn that on this category/product title and metadata disappears. any suggestions?

Thanks You.

Vituemart 1.1.5

Sh404SEF 2.1.6.749

my website http://www.xeont.com.au/

xeont

• Beginner
thanks Forrest, i tried all the setting in Sh404SEF but nothing seems to work, its always override this metadata and titles 

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Too bad, use to be able to turn that off somehow.

swacks

• Beginner
hello forrest - thanks you really done something for all of us here friend.

anyway  , my question:

can this automatically append to words to TITLE  from product_s_desc  (product short description) and if so where is that setup.

and if not,

then dont you think this should have that feature ?
seems to me that it would help to do this

look at the first say 30 words in short description and automatically generate them to the title

and maybe to take it furter if the description is short and there are not enough words in it then take some from the presets from the
Append to end of Title Metatag

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
It could, but it doesn't right now from my recollection. I'll consider it an option on next release tho. :) I appreciate your input.

lombiz

Thanks for yet another great mod.

I have a small issue though but maybe I am missing a setting or !?

A lof of keywords are a combination of many other words from description etc. (and with some letters missing I think)

i.e. if description is "tiles for indoor use" I could get a keyword like "ilesforindooruse" or something like that.

So acutally many words without spaces in between.

My site is in Swedish if that matters.

Thanks !
BR,
Peter

noanna001

• Beginner
Thank you for the hack it seems to be very interesting. I have one question regarding this:
My web is in Polish, so there are some special Polish only letters. The problem is with automatic generation of metatags. Words with Polish letter are deviding into two separate words: one word consists of letter before Polish mark, and the second one of after it. It cases that in metatags there appear only some letters without any sence. When I write manualy words with Polish marks, then it is Ok, but function of automatic generation is not used then. Meta titles and descripions are OK. Is it possible to correct this?
Polish letters: ą,ć,ę,ł,ń,ó,ś,ź,ż and capital: Ą,Ć,Ę,Ł,Ń,Ó,Ś,Ź,Ż
Thank you in advanced.

Giannis86

• Beginner
I would like to thank the developer for this hack.
I am quite a beginner in Joomla & VM and i am currently designing my own webshop.

This hack was easy to install than i thought and works exactly as it should.

Nice work!