Author Topic: Logged In basic Seach fails Migrated users only  (Read 15297 times)

FrankA

Logged In basic Seach fails Migrated users only
« on: October 30, 2009, 20:02:52 pm »
TITLE MODIFIED FOLLOWING RESPONSES BELOW:

Example

http://scotlandsglass.co.uk/cms/index.php?keyword=thrums&Search=Search&Itemid=6&option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse

In IE6, no problem.

In Firefox, the normal product search is returning 0 results.

If you use advanced search with a category selected it works.

rb

• Advanced
Re: Search OK in IE6, not so in Firefox (vm 1.1.4)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 21:04:57 pm »
Frank, the normal Search works for me in FF 3.5.3

FrankA

Re: Search OK in IE6, not so in Firefox (vm 1.1.4)
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 21:23:30 pm »
Weird. Flushed by cache etc. also 3.5.3 but still get 0 results...

Hmm... tried logging out and the search example flashed up. Signed in again and it stayed.

Tried another search and 0 results. Logged out again and up pop the results?

rb

• Advanced
Re: Search OK in IE6, not so in Firefox (vm 1.1.4) LOGGED IN
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 22:23:52 pm »
Maybe VM cookie check? Joomla cache settings?

FrankA

Re: Search OK in IE6, not so in Firefox (vm 1.1.4) LOGGED IN
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 10:15:15 am »
Just to make it clear.

This problem is still occurring but only when logged in to the site.

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Re: Logged In basic Seach fails in Firefox ONLY (vm 1.1.4)
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 11:24:11 am »
I am unable to duplicate this issue. Both Joomla & product search work fine for me in Firefox 3.5.4 when logged in with VirtueMart 1.1.4
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VirtueMart 3.8.9.10473 on Joomla 3.9.24 PHP 7.4.14

FrankA

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 12:02:47 pm »
Kelvyn, Was that on your site ot mine?

Someone else posted this in admin and configuration, they have 2,000 products - I have twice that. Perhaps it has to do with size of db, but why would being logged in change that?

jenkinhill

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 00:08:42 am »
Because it workes with IE this is not likely to be a fault in VirtueMart. I have a site with nearly 9,000 products and no issues.

I have a feeling that you may have url issues on the site. If I access with http://www.scotlandsglass.co.uk  ie www. in the domain there are still links on the page to http://scotlandsglass.co.uk (no www)

This can cause issues with FireFox 3.5, so it is advised to be consistent and use .htaccess to force urls to use www.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

FrankA

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 01:39:54 am »
That's interesting. If I change the URL to www the search works but when the search returns it removed!!!

It was set in vm without the www, changing that in VM has removed all the instances without www on the home page. But the search still is failing when logged in?

I don't know how to force www in htaccess?

FrankA

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 01:41:44 am »
Running the sdearch in debug mode (Firefox only IE6 still working in debig mode)

500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1104 - The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay SQL=SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT `jos_vm_product`.`product_sku`) as num_rows FROM (`jos_vm_product`, `jos_vm_category`, `jos_vm_product_category_xref`,`jos_vm_shopper_group`) LEFT JOIN `jos_vm_product_price` ON `jos_vm_product`.`product_id` = `jos_vm_product_price`.`product_id` LEFT JOIN `jos_vm_shopper_vendor_xref` ON (`jos_vm_shopper_vendor_xref`.`user_id` =64 AND `jos_vm_shopper_vendor_xref`.`shopper_group_id`=`jos_vm_shopper_group`.`shopper_group_id`) WHERE (`jos_vm_product_category_xref`.`product_id`=`jos_vm_product`.`product_id` OR `jos_vm_product_category_xref`.`product_id`=`jos_vm_product`.`product_parent_id`) AND `jos_vm_product_category_xref`.`category_id`=`jos_vm_category`.`category_id` AND ( (`jos_vm_product`.`product_name` LIKE '%thrums%' OR `jos_vm_product`.`product_sku` LIKE '%thrums%' OR `jos_vm_product`.`product_s_desc` LIKE '%thrums%' OR `jos_vm_product`.`product_desc` LIKE '%thrums%') ) AND (`jos_vm_product`.`product_id`=`jos_vm_product_price`.`product_id` OR `jos_vm_product_price`.`product_id` IS NULL)

jenkinhill

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 10:42:10 am »
For .htaccess see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=58026.msg190485#msg190485

Also make sure www. is included in siteurl and secureurl in VM configuration/security
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

FrankA

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 13:19:08 pm »
List all products is working, search still fails when logged in. Tried as different user, same problem.

Created a new user... search works :0

What could be wrong with users records to cause such an issue, nothing looks different in a newly created record?

rb

• Advanced
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 18:41:01 pm »
Frank, I created a new user on your site, logged on as the user, and was able to successfully perform a search (with results being returned) using FF 3.5.4.

FrankA

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 23:33:33 pm »
Thank RB yes, it only seems to affect profiles that were migrated and not newly created ones. I looked at the user file... nothing obvious... "thinks"... could any vm user file affect things?

FrankA

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 14:33:07 pm »
Can anyone suggest how I might deal with this problem? It is not realistic to delete all users and ask them to re-register! I did find the the VM user file was out of sync with joomla users, after deleting all the duplicated user records I still have 30 or 40 more profiles in vm than in joomla. Not a major problem in itself as none of the shopping features are used as it is an informational site not commercial.