News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

PayFlow Pro Couldn't Resolve Host Error

Started by j14madd, July 07, 2009, 20:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j14madd

I'm running into a problem when I try to process an order using Virtuemart through Payflow Pro.  At the point of check out when I click the confirm order button I receive the following error. 

Error: Couldn't resolve host 'payflowpro.verisign.com'

It seems to be an alias for payflowpro.ppv.paypal.com.  I've tried changing the host name from payflowpro.verisign.com to payflowpro.ppv.paypal.com in the payflow_pro.php file, but still get the same error, which actually makes sense if one host is just an alias for the other.

Has anyone else run into this problem? I've confirmed I have Payflow configured properly in Virtuemart and through the management portal at Paypal.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!

j14madd

Does anyone know if the payments class for Payflow Pro is written correctly?  A lot of information I'm seeing is that the host name for Payflow Pro has changed from payflowpro.verisign.com to payflowpro.paypal.com. 

I'm referring specifically to file:
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/payments/payflow_pro.php

Thus far I've tried:
Reconfiguring my Apache server.
Reconfiguring my firewall.
Rewriting the payflow_pro.php file.
Working with PayPal support to figure this out. (just going in circles :-\)
Nothing has worked!!!

Seriously, I'd LOVE to know if anyone out there using Joomla 1.5.12 and VirtueMart 1.1.3 have actually been able to process a sale through the PayFlow Pro gateway.  A lot of what I've been reading is that PayFlow Pro and VirtueMart just don't work, but I'd like to confirm that.  If you have gotten it working, PLEASE SHARE YOUR SECRET! Slamming my head against the wall at this point  ???

Anyone?!

Beuller, Beuller, Beuller, Beuller.....

j14madd

Think I stumbled onto something.  Apparently with all of my restarts of Apache and reconfigs of VirtueMart I wasn't hitting them in the right order.  After you configure VirtueMart, specifically the store payment methods, restart Apache.  That seemed to get things moving for payment process on my end.  Still, if anyone else out there is using PayFlow Pro and is having little to know problems, please share your knowledge.

tmaison

The present host values for PayFlow Pro are:
Test: pilot-payflowpro.paypal.com

Live: payflowpro.paypal.com

FYI: expect some changes to the PayFlow pro API to be effective on September 1, 2009.

Have Fun.
Thierry