News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

First Class Mail not appearing

Started by cgivre, June 10, 2009, 05:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgivre

Hello,
First of all kudos on a great shipping module.  I'm having one small problem, and that is I got the module to work properly, but first class mail doesn't seem to appear.  Any suggestions?
I'm using
Joomla 1.5.9
Virtuemart 1.1.3
URL: http://www.mikvahminder.com

(Note that the USPS shipping module is currently not enabled until I get this resolved)
Thanks for your extension!

lowmips

Step 1: Put your website into debug mode
Step 2: go through a test checkout
Step 3: gather the XML info and post here (remove any username/password!)

-Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

Jay Clancy

I have the same problem. It seems to be because the USPS module is sending the weight as 1 pound regardless of the fact that I have the product weight entered as .3 pounds.

Check the DEBUG details below and note that <POUNDS> is 1. (I am using Joomla version 1.5.9, VirtueMart 1.1.3. USPS v4.0)

DEBUG DETAILS

XML Post:
API=RateV3&XML=<RateV3Request USERID="REMOVED" PASSWORD="REMOVED"><Package ID="0"><Service>All</Service><ZipOrigination>77479</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>76039</ZipDestination><Pounds>1</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>FALSE</Machinable></Package></RateV3Request>

XML Result:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RateV3Response><Package ID="0"><ZipOrigination>77479</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>76039</ZipDestination><Pounds>1</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>FALSE</Machinable><Zone>3</Zone><Postage CLASSID="2"><MailService>Express Mail Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>19.80</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="27"><MailService>Express Mail Flat-Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>17.50</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="3"><MailService>Express Mail</MailService><Rate>19.80</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="13"><MailService>Express Mail Flat-Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>17.50</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="1"><MailService>Priority Mail</MailService><Rate>4.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="16"><MailService>Priority Mail Flat-Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>4.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="28"><MailService>Priority Mail Small Flat-Rate Box</MailService><Rate>4.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="17"><MailService>Priority Mail Regular/Medium Flat-Rate Boxes</MailService><Rate>10.35</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="22"><MailService>Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box</MailService><Rate>13.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="4"><MailService>Parcel Post</MailService><Rate>4.90</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="5"><MailService>Bound Printed Matter</MailService><Rate>2.37</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="6"><MailService>Media Mail</MailService><Rate>2.38</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="7"><MailService>Library Mail</MailService><Rate>2.26</Rate></Postage></Package></RateV3Response>

Jay Clancy

This is apparently not a new problem.
See post http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=53990.0
I could see no resolution to this post though.

Jay Clancy

It looks like there was an intention to address this problem in the file uspsv4.php. (See below the code cut from uspsv4.php.)  I am not sure why it was commented out. Does it work? If I want to use it, do I just remove the comment brackets, or do I need to do something else in the code?

I really would like to get this working this weekend. I need the First Class option. It is the only option that is cheap enough.

HERE IS THE CODE---

//Determine weight in pounds and ounces
         //cw733 fix to always send pounds and ounces to USPS and let their service determine if lbs round up. Also always round ounces up.
         /*if ($order_weight < 1){
            $shipping_pounds = 0;
            $shipping_ounces = round(16 * ($order_weight - floor($order_weight)));
         }else{
            $shipping_pounds = ceil ($order_weight);
            $shipping_ounces = 0;
         }*/

Jay Clancy

Saturday Morning Comics!

The issue has happened to me as well, and I haven't seen any posts with how to resolve it.

I am using USPS ver 5.3 and Joomla 1.5.13

I have run the debug mode and here is what it says:

XML Post:
http://production.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dll/ShippingAPI.dll?API=RateV3&XML=<RateV3Request USERID="xxxxxx" PASSWORD="xxxxxxx"><Package ID="0"><Service>All</Service><ZipOrigination>92871</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>92870</ZipDestination><Pounds>36</Pounds><Ounces>14</Ounces><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>FALSE</Machinable></Package></RateV3Request>

XML Result:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RateV3Response><Package ID="0"><ZipOrigination>92871</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>92870</ZipDestination><Pounds>36</Pounds><Ounces>14</Ounces><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>FALSE</Machinable><Zone>1</Zone><Postage CLASSID="3"><MailService>Express Mail</MailService><Rate>73.25</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="13"><MailService>Express Mail Flat-Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>17.50</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="1"><MailService>Priority Mail</MailService><Rate>20.60</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="16"><MailService>Priority Mail Flat-Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>4.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="28"><MailService>Priority Mail Small Flat-Rate Box</MailService><Rate>4.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="17"><MailService>Priority Mail Regular/Medium Flat-Rate Boxes</MailService><Rate>10.35</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="22"><MailService>Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box</MailService><Rate>13.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="4"><MailService>Parcel Post</MailService><Rate>17.23</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="6"><MailService>Media Mail</MailService><Rate>16.42</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="7"><MailService>Library Mail</MailService><Rate>15.58</Rate></Postage></Package></RateV3Response>

LOWMIPS, PLEASE HELP!!! ... the simpler the better. I am very new.

Thanks in advance.

lowmips

Update to USPSv5.2009.07.04
The way product weights were being interpreted has been fixed.

-Reggie
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

Saturday Morning Comics!

I have installed the update and First Class still doesn't show up. I have both First Class Parcel and Flat selected. Neither show. The only thing I wasn't able to do was the alteration in the sql file. Since I am new, I have no idea where the jos_vm_product table is located to alter it.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Using USPS ver. 5.2009.07.04

lowmips

<Pounds>36</Pounds><Ounces>14</Ounces>

There's your problem.  Your total order weight is 36lbs, 14ounces.  Is this correct? What is the total real weight of the items you tested?  What is the total weight of the items as defined in VirtueMart?

First Class is for 13 ounces or less.  Anything over 13 ounces should use Priority Mail.
http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendmail/senditwithintheus/firstclassparcels.htm

-Reggie

Saturday Morning Comics!

The weight for the items should have calculated to 26.7. I did another test of an item that was 11.8 ounces (in the product details) and First Class didn't pop up. Under the "Unit of Measure" section for weight, I typed in ounces (and even tried the singular - ounce). Is that the proper syntax or does it recognized a different format of the word?

Thanks again for your continued help with this.

Saturday Morning Comics!

I don't know what happened between now and my last e-mail, but it is now working with the 11.8 ounce item. Thanks for the initial help.