Author Topic: Need some help  (Read 2092 times)

Vetrinex

• Beginner
Need some help
« on: May 08, 2009, 18:11:23 pm »
I have a question. My devlopers put Virtuemart as my shopping cart. My question is that there seems to be way to many pages for a customer to order a product and then check out. The check out process just seems way to long and I fear I am going to lose customers because of the amount of steps/pages to actually finish the transaction.
Is there a way to have be just a couple of pages? Like,choice of shipping method, billing address, shipping address, credit card info, all on one page then  next page showing all that information along with showing what the order is and the shipping and the total and then a confirm order button then a last page just thanking for the order and letting them know the order was processed?

It just seems to me there are WAY to many steps the way my developer has set it up, He says that there is nothing he can do and that is just the cart and how it is designed, I don't by it and think he is lying and just does not want to do any more work then he has to... or is the cart check out process what it is?

Any help/insite would be greatly appreciated...

flicman

• Beginner
Re: Need some help
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 19:36:43 pm »
It seems like working with a developer you trust would go a long way in answering your questions, and would probably make your life easier, but I guess that's not something we can fix here.

What are you asking?  I'm no VM expert, but it seems like the checkout process is the checkout process and that's it. I've seen feature requests for one-page checkout, but I haven't seen it implemented.  If you're talking about the product pages and the like, there ARE different ways to display your products that put the buy-it-now option up front - I like to have a couple 'buy' buttons on my homepage, just for good measure.

All that said, I don't think you're going to lose business because there are three pages of shopping cart - how many times do you get an email or a call saying "hey, I didn't put this on my order!" and then you have to show the customer the 47 places that they were asked to review their order before it shipped across the country next-day air to their door?  It happens here a lot.

joao_neto

• Beginner
  • João Neto - Web Developer
Re: Need some help
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 00:16:33 am »
Set in your administrator in Process tab to all process page to 1.

See this topic: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=51744.0

I do not think very nice that all steps are on one some page, The User gets confused and large forms are strenuous...

divide the stages of the purchase in several pages is a way to avoid this problem!
---
João Neto - Web Developer
www.noix.com.br / joao.neto@noix.com.br