Author Topic: Resize Images on Catalog Page?  (Read 1435 times)

Philosophize

• Beginner
Resize Images on Catalog Page?
« on: April 15, 2009, 17:45:29 pm »
I'm still new to VirtueMart and trying to learn how to better customize it. I looked around for information on this, but didn't find anything - I'm inclined to assume that I've missed something obvious because it seems like the sort of thing others would have already talked about. Maybe I'm searching for the wrong terms.

Anyway, I'd like the images on the catalog pages to resize like they do on the product information pages - that's all, just a simple click to "view full-size image" function.

I assumed it would be a relatively simple change to a particular template, but as I said I haven't found anything here and haven't been able to figure it out on my own.

Or is it in fact a lot harder or more complex than I've been assuming? Thanks in advance for any help or links anyone can give me...

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Re: Resize Images on Catalog Page?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 17:50:12 pm »
The "Lightbox" effect is not implemented on the browse page!
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

Philosophize

• Beginner
Re: Resize Images on Catalog Page?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 20:28:25 pm »
The "Lightbox" effect is not implemented on the browse page!

I guess this is a bigger deal than I assumed. There's no way I can readily implement the function?

I'm trying to create a gallery/catalog for an artist and either I have a big "thumbnails" in a single column, or small thumbnails in two columns - I'd rather the latter, but it would be more appealing for visitors if they could click to see a bigger image without having to click through to the product page, click to see a bigger image, then go back to the catalog page. That's a lot of work.

In fact, just writing it out makes me realize that it's more work than I thought. If the lightbox effect just isn't doable for the catalog pages, I guess I'll have to go with big "thumbnails" (I just can't see them as real thumbnails when they are large) in a single column...