Author Topic: 1.2 Wishlist  (Read 4973 times)

VMone

1.2 Wishlist
« on: March 05, 2009, 03:58:50 am »
Can someone compile the codes for the wishlist to use it in 1.1.x with more or less mods later? Thanks, not only few will stay with 1.1.x also when the new version is out, so you kind of owe it to them, to provide them this functionality for the old one too.

Thanks again!

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Re: 1.2 Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 02:09:39 am »
Sorry, we don't kind of owe anything to anyone!

New features are only added to major releases!

We do not release hacks or mods for current versions to provide new features as some users may have difficulties in applying them.

Current version updates are for bug fixes only.

This is the way our development cycle works and there won't be exceptions.
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

VMone

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 02:24:30 am »
Then we do not owe anything to you either and thank you! ::)

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 03:56:37 am »
Well it seems as though VMone has deleted their profile on the forum.

I'm sorry if the post offended and if anyone has views on this please reply.

As developers we cannot release modifications to the current core to provide new features. Many users would not be comfortable in applying such mods. Any users of these forums will see posts of hacks and modifications and the difficulties some have in installing them.

The new features would also require db alterations, although scripts could be involved to automate this, there is no guarantee that these would work.

As developers, we release bug/security updates regularly and will continue to do so. New features planned for VM 1.2 in some cases would not be compatible with VM 1.1.x as the core is being slowly improved. But none the less, we will provide an upgrade path from VM 1.1.x to 1.2.x and endeavour to provide as many new features as possible.

If you believe that the developers of this free open source project actually owe you, the end user, something then we or rather I would be interested to hear of it. After all, you are making money out of your stores aren't you?

If you agree with VMone and believe I am wrong in my thinking or reasoning, I will regrettably leave the VM development team because obviously, my commitment to the project is misplaced!

Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

aravot

• Peter
  • Quality&Testing Team
    • VirtueMart Extensions
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 05:42:16 am »
Mark don't worry once in a while someone comes along and plays game on our nervers.

It is sad to see after spending hours and hours instead of thanks, we get blame and etc, we don't owe, anything to anyone.

belindab

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 11:07:23 am »
Hey guys, You are absolutely right. This is a hard enough job, without having a constantly moving platform. I'm amazed at what I have been able to create, thanks to VM. It IS frustrating at times, so people will likely get moody, but I would like to say T H A N K  Y O U !!!!

chrism

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 14:49:40 pm »
Just come across this thread and want to add my sincere thanks to all involved with this project. It’s easy to get engrossed in the aspects of the functionality that isn’t working as we’d like for our individual sites but when we get time to step back and look at what an amazing system we are getting for free, I think 99.9% of us all thank you very much.
Chris
www.getupandgrow.com online store and more....

bobysolo

• Beginner
  • Kiss my shiny metal ass!
    • Videosorveglianza
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 12:26:01 pm »
A BIG THANK YOU also from me.
It has become very rare to see people give such a product to the community for free. Hope it will last forever and regards to all involved in developing VM.