Store Information not saved: Could this be a permissions problem?

Started by Jon Jackson, February 09, 2009, 08:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrannewell

I've been working on the same issue for a few hours now- keep in mind, I'm new to Joomla, not a programmer, nor a developer. I am persistent though, so I found a solution very similar to Boyd's.

I got my template from Shape5.com (I'm using the eTensity template), and I'm beginning to think that their SiteShaper is corrupt. At any rate, it was actually pretty simple to fix, with that mindset that it was THEM who screwed up.

I logged into phpMyAdmin, and edited some SQL. Specifically, the jos_vm_vendor table. Click the insert tab, and input your vendor name, or your First & Last Name. Make sure that the vendor_id is equal to 1.
That's it. After you press "go", everything will save, and magically the table uncorrupts itself. Your settings will now show up in the VirtueMart config page, and now you can add to it.

One last thing- any products you might've attempted to add may be corrupt as well, so you'll have to go back into the phpMyAdmin screen and delete/modify the products.

rmurrieta

I had the same issue after upgrading the Virtuemart Store from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 under Jooma 1.5.14.
I wasn't abe to update products, and after enabling the debug option, wasn't able to access the Virtuemart Administrator.

Folliwing the posted clues, I manually added the
`vendor_accepted_currencies` , `vendor_address_format` and  `vendor_date_format` fields to the jos_vm_vendor database.

I have access again to the administrator!

But, when trying to update a product I got the following error message:
JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1054 - Unknown column 'child_options' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `jos_vm_product` SET `vendor_id` = '1', `product_sku` = '002-003', `product_name` = 'Jetta A4 Crom',

So it seems that there are indeed some changes to the database structure on this version.  I'll continue posting any issues I find.

rmurrieta

Additionally, I had to alter the jos_vm_product table to add these fields:

`quantity_options` varchar(45) default NULL,
`child_option_ids` varchar(45) default NULL,
`product_order_levels` varchar(45) default NULL

There's a script called UPDATE-SCRIPT_VirtueMart_1.1.3-to-VirtueMart_1.1.4.sql included on the Installation at administrator\components\com_virtuemart\sql

but its content are rather sparse:
#############################################
# SQL update script for upgrading
# from VirtueMart Version <= 1.1.3 to VirtueMart 1.1.4
#
#############################################

# Allow Tax Rates with more than 5 Decimals
ALTER TABLE `jos_vm_tax_rate` CHANGE `tax_rate` `tax_rate` DECIMAL( 10, 5 ) NULL DEFAULT NULL

That's it. It doesn't mention the new fields.

Has anyone found same issues after upgrading? Or is it something particular to my install?

sgc_02

I got this error Unknown column 'vendor accepted currencies' after migrating from Joomla 1 to Joomla 1.5 and upgrading to VirtueMart 1.1.4.
The solution of Boyd worked for me https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=51455.msg166672#msg166672 (Thnx, Boyd)

How i fixed it?
FROM PHPMyadmin
1. Export the SQL data (only data) of just the jos_vm_vendor table
2. Delete the table jos_vm_vendor and recreate the table using this code - https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=51455.msg166672#msg166672
3. Import the SQL data (from Step 1) back into the table.

---- Make sure you backup, in case anything goes wrong ---

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
6+9-8:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview