Author Topic: Fix for Internet Explorer (IE7) Operation Aborted issue.  (Read 425682 times)

elizzia

• Beginner
Re: Fix for Internet Explorer (IE7) Operation Aborted issue.
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2009, 10:43:42 am »
Hi There,

I'm having the same operations aborted problem when i want to add product in VM.

Sorry i am not a techical person..very new to VM and joomla and my head is spinning already with the technical issues...

How and where i get to access and replace the files?? is it in the server?

First Unzip than replace the files
Root/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/htmlTools.class.php
Root/components/com_virtuemart/js/wz_tooltip.js

thks for the help...

Beauty

• Beginner
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2009, 12:46:07 pm »
Dear aravot,

Thank you very much! My problem(couldn't edit products in IE7) is solved now.

I am using VM1.1.3, Joomla1.5.9. On the before, I tried many way but couldn't solve problems about IE7, I tried to use VM DEMO site, but there is no problem with IE7 :o, so I re-installed VM & Joomla again & again.. :'(

I know that Firefox doesn't have this kind of problem, but my customers can't visit my site when using IE7 - I can not ask them to use Firefox. So, I spent many time to find a solution. Now,it's ok after I replaced these two files. Thank you very much!

ChrisDigifob

• Beginner
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2009, 17:20:42 pm »
Saviour for the front end problem comes in the shape of this guy.

http://design.markcallf.co.uk/downloads/LightBox-More-images/

He wrote a fix to the Slimbox Script ages ago.

Worked for me.

ChrisDigifob

• Beginner
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2009, 18:15:13 pm »
You will also need to incorporate a proportion of these changes in the slimbox.css;

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?action=printpage;topic=39195.0

I ended up with this;

#lbOverlay {
position: absolute;
z-index: 1000;
left: 0;
top: 0;
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
background-color: #000;
cursor: pointer;
}

#lbCenter, #lbBottomContainer {
position: absolute;
left: 50%;
z-index: 9999;
overflow: hidden;
background-color: #fff;
}

Scooter

• Beginner
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2009, 01:33:51 am »
Worked for me for the front end internet explorer error when entering my store...many thanks..I was running 1.1.3...and replaced the files in the /js directory with everything from 1.1.2 and dropped in the mootools from 1.1.3...now just need to figure out why my child drop down menus aren't working in some versions of Internet Explorer.

Thanks!

unlock4phone

• Beginner
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2009, 01:39:05 am »
Thank you very much aravot !

problem solved!

olkos

• Beginner
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2009, 09:10:54 am »
The fix files from first post works for me great. Now I can edit products in IE7.
Thank you!

quochahaha

• Beginner
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2009, 18:09:03 pm »
Sorry that I could not find your new attached files, just the old files in the first post. I have tried as your direction but it does not work. Actually, I just get the error in front-end, back-end is working well. Could you give me some advices ? Thanks much

tibro1977

• Beginner
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2009, 21:02:10 pm »
hi, i changed the two files and i changed the follow /libraries/joomla/html/html/behavior.php too, but the error is always here :(
please tell me, what did i wrong!

http://cegleltar.hu/dsline/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=10&category_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=58

dimitris78

• Beginner
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2009, 23:54:59 pm »
I'll just add myself to the list of people with the same IE7 FRONTEND issue. FireFox works fine...

Steps to replicate on my test site:

1) Go to main website - Website appears(SUCCESS). My first page is a STANDARD Joomla FrontPage so no problem there...

2) Click on a Virtuemart product category link (using either the virtuemart product categories module or a new Joomla menu item that links to the Virtuemart component with a specified Category ID) - Category browse page appears (SUCCESS). I have been using the browse_1, browse_2 and browse_3 templates (default virtuemart template) and they all work fine.

3) Click on the Product Image - Get the IE7 Operation Aborted message (FAIL). I am using the default flypage

4) Go back to the category browse page and click on the Product Details link - Get the IE7 Operation Aborted Message (FAIL)

Trying to fix this problem I read through the trail of posts and I tried:
1) The Joomla behaviour.php code fix as explained here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=51089.msg165702#msg165702

Didnt fix the frontend problem so I reverted back to the original behaviour.php file

2) The Virtuemart htmlTools.class.php and wz_tooltip.js file fixes as explained by Aravot here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=51089.0

Didnt fix the frontend problem so I reverted back to the original files

3)Tried using different flypages etc etc just in case it was an isolated template issue

Didnt fix the frontend problem

4) I am now going through the default flypage file to try and see if the code problem is there. I will update if I get anywhere with it.

Does anyone have any other suggestions please???

I have some time to stick with 1.1.3 and try and get these bugs ironed out (well I have 4 days before go live haha), you cant stop progress  :P

Thanks to all! Especially the virtuemart guys.
Joomla 1.5.9
VM 1.1.3

wtfbrb

• Beginner
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2009, 00:15:22 am »
Put me on the list too, I changed the files as suggested in the fix.  I can access individual categories but I cannot get to the main shop page.  This was not an issue with 1.1.2.  I have php/mysql 5 if that helps.  I am willing to help debug if I can be any help pm me...

dimitris78

• Beginner
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2009, 01:10:16 am »
Ok!!!

Managed to isolate the issue for the IE7 Operation Aborted Issue in the FRONTEND(for me at least). THIS IS NOT A RESOLUTION TO THE BACKEND PROBLEM. I personally just use Firefox for the backend stuff.

The solution:
1) Login to your admin console and go to modules management
2) Disable all modules based on mod_product_categories
3) Setup either a standard Joomla using the VirtueMart component category link or another Product Category Module.
4) Delete all IE7 cookies and cache
5) Try again!

This solved the problem for me and IE7 works all the way through to order submission.

Can someone please confirm this works for them??? I know its not a REAL solution but I am pressed for time and my coding is very poor...so probably wouldnt even know where and how to start!

Please confirm if this workaround fixes the problem for you as well!

Joomla 1.5.9
VM 1.1.3

dimitris78

• Beginner
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2009, 01:11:48 am »
3) Should read setup a standard Joomla menu module with menu item links to the Virtuemart component using the appropriate Category IDs
Joomla 1.5.9
VM 1.1.3

wtfbrb

• Beginner
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2009, 02:01:59 am »
OMG I got it...I turned off gzip compression in joomla config and it worked...no other solution worked, but that did.  Don't know if that may help the vm team find the root of the cause or not...but WAHOOOOOOO