Author Topic: Howto's  (Read 3025 times)

veritech

• Beginner
Howto's
« on: August 07, 2008, 13:56:08 pm »
I am setting up a new VirtueMart 1.1 site using the Virtumart 1.1 w/ Joomla 1.5 package, to be an online catalog. No shopping carts, etc.

How do I get a news box (module) on the sidebars.  It appears that because I didn't install Joomla and add virtuemanrt to it, the standard Joomla modules aren't there.

I am using the dTree "Product Categories" module, can I turn off the category list on the main page?

Can I change the layout of the product listings.  When I goto a Catalog area, I get the products listed as:
Product name              price        image

I would like a tiled (like 3 in a row) sort of thing.  I have changed options in Admin->configuration->site to 3 products in a row and different category templats (currently browse_1), but no luck.

Thanks

sacramentojoe

• Beginner
Re: Howto's
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 08:44:17 am »
I am setting up a new VirtueMart 1.1 site using the Virtumart 1.1 w/ Joomla 1.5 package, to be an online catalog. No shopping carts, etc.
How do I get a news box (module) on the sidebars.  It appears that because I didn't install Joomla and add virtuemanrt to it, the standard Joomla modules aren't there.
I am using the dTree "Product Categories" module, can I turn off the category list on the main page?
Can I change the layout of the product listings.  When I goto a Catalog area, I get the products listed as:
Product name              price        image
I would like a tiled (like 3 in a row) sort of thing.  I have changed options in Admin->configuration->site to 3 products in a row and different category templats (currently browse_1), but no luck.
Thanks
if you changed it after it was set to 1, you need to do it just for that specific category, the new default will be 3

cjmicro

• Beginner
Re: Howto's
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 03:05:33 am »
I think you have to set it to 3x images across and then browse_3 or managed. Browse_1 only shows one across. Also in the template configuration (a little red link on the admin config area) there is a setting for 1 product across table which you don't want on (I figured that out the hard way!)

Cheryl