ecommerce bundle 1.5.8 - Product details page blank

Started by rbc303, November 17, 2008, 20:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbant

SOLUTION:
I had a same problem. Product details for some products was blank on IE6. On every other browser was OK. It turns out that if the "product name" was longer than 33 characters it displayed a blank page on IE6. I guess its a VM bug.

bbant

I've also found that this is a problem with the browser title length.
In administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.product_details.php
change the line:
$vm_mainframe->setPageTitle( html_entity_decode( substr($product_name, 0, 60 ), ENT_QUOTES ));
with this:
$vm_mainframe->setPageTitle( html_entity_decode( substr($product_name, 0, 120 ), ENT_QUOTES ));
Or you can delete the line but the browser will not display the product name in the browser title.

dontflinch

Quote from: Invisible Inc on November 20, 2008, 20:31:27 PM
Just copy the folder product_details from the components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates into the ja_larix components/com_virtuemart/themes/ja_larix/templates and it should be available. I hope!

thanks! this worked for me on 1.1.2  1.5.8 newest ecommerce bundle

Orkid

I am having the same problem, but did the temporary fix of switching to default. Unfortunately, I don't know how to modify the php files for a permanent fix.

Mica Theleni

Quote from: Invisible Inc on November 20, 2008, 20:31:27 PM
Just copy the folder product_details from the components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates into the ja_larix components/com_virtuemart/themes/ja_larix/templates and it should be available. I hope!

That´s it! Just so simple, but works fine! Tested also with J1.5.8. & VM 1.1.2. (eCommerceBundle)

Thanks a lot.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
16-7+3:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview