Author Topic: Huge problem with calling VirtueMart products!  (Read 5339 times)

Nik_sl

• Beginner
Huge problem with calling VirtueMart products!
« on: October 08, 2008, 18:25:15 pm »
Have recently installed a new Joomla 1.5.7 with Virtuemart 1.1.2. Everything has now been migrated from the old site and template etc is in place. Looks nice and all. But then this happened.

When I call shop.product_details from anywhere on the site (any additional module such as "mod_virtuemart_latestprod", "mod_virtuemart_featureprod" or plugin "vmxsearch.plugin") the page just goes blank even if it produces the correct URL to the component. It just won't open the flypage. UNLESS I first go to the component manually via the listed categories and open up a product via the menu. Then all the above magically functions perfectly!???!

I currently call the Virtuemart component via a menu item in the main menu on the front page. So the VM categories module or the VM main module is not published on the front page, but within that menu item. Does that make sense? I think you understand what I mean.

Does anyone have a solution to the above problem? Has it happened to anyone else??

Please help as I can't use any of the stand alone modules as it is now.  :'(

EDITED: This problem also occurs when accessing a VM product via an external link (e.g. sent via an E-mail).

nik_c

• Beginner
Re: Huge problem with calling VirtueMart products!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 12:12:10 pm »
Hi,

I have a similar problem but it occurs when I try and access categories from the category module displayed on the left hand side of my web site.

The URL to the category looks like this:

http://www.jdproductsupport.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=70&Itemid=1

While some categories display without a problem some (most in fact) do not- they just display a blank page (without ANY source code)

I'll post separtately on this as well.
Nik C