Author Topic: Invalid Token trying to register new user  (Read 24950 times)

d_spice

• Beginner
Invalid Token trying to register new user
« on: July 14, 2008, 04:59:40 am »
I am getting an invalid token error, when trying to register a new user, using the virtuemart login module. I go into the administrative side to see if anything was stored, and of course nothing is. I am also getting the same error when attempting to login using my admin username and pass, which I know worked before. This was working earlier with no issues. I had started removing registration boxes from the configuration (ie removed fax# section, middle name).

Thinking all was well, I went to do a test registration and then the invalid token error came up....

I am using Joomla 1.5.3 and Virtuemart 1.1.0

You can view the site at http://www.basketsbycarrie.net

d_spice

• Beginner
Re: Invalid Token trying to register new user
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 07:14:03 am »
ok,

So I reinstalled the virtuemart login module, and modified to my liking again (horizontally), and it appears to have fixed some issues.

Was able to login and register a new user in IE 7. Tried in Firefox 2.0, and it came up with a session time out error. I noticed that I had entered my site at basketsbycarrie.net without the www.

So i thought why not try it with and see what happens and I had caught a glimpse of a post on here about someone modifying there .htaccess file to correct the issue in firefox.

Low and behold I was able to login in firefox, but I am still getting a invalid token error when attempting to create a new login in firefox...

ADDED: I get this error when attempting to create a new user in both firefox2 and firefox 3

"Message

* Your session has expired, please login again

"

But it works flawlessly in IE 7... I can also login in firefox, but only if I clear the cache...

d_spice

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 19:05:33 pm »
Anyone else having this issue? I'm in a bit of bind right now, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Seurot

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 21:43:46 pm »
I'm had the same issue as you.  I applied the .htaccess modification posted on this site and it worked for allowing users to register/login in firefox as well as stay logged in after they purchase a product... However, I am now running into an issue because of the last solution.  I now can not add products to my cart.  Instead of the "Add to Cart" button doing the obvious, it redirects me to the homepage.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  ???

crittle1

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 08:25:17 am »
I had the same issue too. I logged out then back in, then head to the virtuemart config page. Then hit save before you do anything. Try to do your updates again and see if it works. It did for me.

Fallen05

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 15:58:08 pm »
Can anyone continue to elaborate on this?

I'm having the same issue and have created the .htaccess file as suggested on the forum, and that stops the entire website from working.

Im using the same version of Joomla and VM (running in 1.0 legacy mode though) and have only had it running for a couple of days now.

Any thoughts?

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 23:43:10 pm »
Don't use legacy for VirtueMart.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VirtueMart 4.0.12 10777  J 3.10.11 PHP 7.4.30

vmajor

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 17:58:59 pm »
I had to manually hardcode the URLs to point to one domain.

My customer friendly URL is http://shop.cycletaiwan.com

The login button redirects to the actual location which is http://www.cycletaiwan.com/shop

The VM login system cannot handle this and falls over with the "Invalid Token" error.

I solved this by hard coding http://www.cycletaiwan.com/shop into every scripted URL in the VM login module.

...I wonder how much money this error cost us...  :(

I hope it all works now.

V.

vmajor

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 02:40:05 am »
No, this does not work either. As now if users enter via shop.cycletaiwan.com they cannot log in anymore due to "Invalid Token"

please spomeone update this to the J! 1.5 level! I understand that the login module has been rewritten for J! 1.5 so it is more robust.

I am no programmer, so now again I have a shop that does nothing... grand.

vmajor

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 03:40:57 am »
I fixed it...again. Hopefully this time it will work.

Use the Joomla 1.5 standard mod_login instead of the virtuemart one.

Hack the mod_login default.php and change the register URL to the Virtuemart register page. This is advised as upon user registration with Virtuemart, correct table entires are created. If your users register using mod_login they may not be able to add their address, which is pointless.

If would be nice however if the virtuemart login module gets brought up to J! 1.5 status as well to avoid these problems. We were running a shop for 2 months now oblivious to this problem! I am horrified at how awful a user experience that must have been and how much money it cost us.

V.

galaxyre

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 09:40:07 am »
I fixed it...again. Hopefully this time it will work.
Use the Joomla 1.5 standard mod_login instead of the virtuemart one.
Hack the mod_login default.php and change the register URL to the Virtuemart register page. This is advised as upon user registration with Virtuemart, correct table entires are created. If your users register using mod_login they may not be able to add their address, which is pointless.
If would be nice however if the virtuemart login module gets brought up to J! 1.5 status as well to avoid these problems. We were running a shop for 2 months now oblivious to this problem! I am horrified at how awful a user experience that must have been and how much money it cost us.
V.

I'm sorry.  I'm new to all of this.  Could you be a little more specific.  I am familiar with some PHP, but merely a novice.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

- G

marianaf

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 18:00:12 pm »
Hi to all!

this seems to be a big problem, I just don´t know the real cause.

I published an ecommerce site last week using virtuemart. The problem mencionned in this post only had happened to the admins of the site so I was relaxed. Until today. My client told me that 1 of her users couldn´t complete the login registration. The warning: "YOUR SESSION HAS EXPIRED PLEASE LOGIN AGAIN" KEEP ON SHOWING.

I use the yoo login module. I hacked the "create an account" link, to redirect the user to the Virtuemart register page. I added some fields in registration.

In firefox and explorer, if I remove the cookies, it works. But for my client it doesn´t. That error keeps occuring. I´m hoping that this thing doesn´t happen with other clients of the website but I CAN NOT Take the risk.

I wonder where is the problem, because VM registration uses joomla parameters for login..........................

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME?

Thank you very much,

Mariana Frade.

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 11:12:25 am »
What happens if you use VirtueMart's mod_login instead of your hacked module?
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VirtueMart 4.0.12 10777  J 3.10.11 PHP 7.4.30

marianaf

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 18:10:32 pm »
Hi!

yes...I´ve tried to replace the yoo "hacked" module by the VM login module and the same happened....

Any ideas why?

it´s very urgent...

Mariana.

ProjektOliver

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 19:48:15 pm »
I have the sam Problem only with Firefox.
No one have fixed it?