Author Topic: csv import fails - gotta be something simple...  (Read 1869 times)

trgreen

• Beginner
csv import fails - gotta be something simple...
« on: June 20, 2008, 06:27:05 am »
Learning to import daata. have made a template with one field -- "attribute"

have made a csv file that looks like this:

"attribute"
"get"
"to"
"the"
"chopper"

and i have my template set to use the column heading as the field name and i have told it not to skip the first line, and when i click import, it shows me a vertical table 1 wide by 5 tall and shows all my data just right, withe colmn heading ("attribute) outlined in red. but then when i click "Continue Import" it takes me to a page that shows a column named "Count" and a row named "Total" and a number zero in the cell. in other words, it did not complete the import. this seems so simple. am i missing something?

thanks in advance for the newbie help.  :-)

-tim

RolandD

• Home of CSVI
Re: csv import fails - gotta be something simple...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 09:00:18 am »
Tim,

How is the system supposed to know for which product you are importing? Add the product_sku and read How to CSVI?.
Regards,

RolandD

CSVI
http://www.csvimproved.com/

trgreen

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 21:55:35 pm »
Thanks, that worked, but I found another problem -- when i turn preview on in my template, it acts like it will import my data (it shows me a table with the heading outlined in red and the data beneath), but when i click "continue" it shows no records imported. any idea why?

RolandD

• Home of CSVI
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 01:26:32 am »
Depending on which CSVI version you are using, you might have the one with a bug in it. This should not happen in 0.9 beta 2. What happens is when you do a preview, CSVI tries to store the file in your cache path. If it cannot, it will show preview, you click next, CSVI looks for the file in the cache path and doesn't find it. Make sure that everything is green when you check your system settings in Joomla.

So you can import without preview or try the latest version.
Regards,

RolandD

CSVI
http://www.csvimproved.com/