Author Topic: How do i Configure Paypal Module for Paypal in US  (Read 3681 times)

mwongzie

• Beginner
How do i Configure Paypal Module for Paypal in US
« on: June 11, 2008, 15:53:17 pm »
I am new to Joomla and virtuemart.
I have set up the site and the shopping cart and everything is working

I now want to configure an e-commerce website for  a client situated in US and i dont know how to go about it. I have looked around the forum in vain for a direct answer.

What i need to know is, does the client need an account with Paypal and if so, where do i include and configure these details.
I am using Joomla 1.0.15 and Virtuemart 1.0.5 .

Kindly assist me urgently

inplayinc

• Beginner
Re: How do i Configure Paypal Module for Paypal in US
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 15:57:28 pm »
I am trying to figure out VM too however I can tell you this, your customer does need a PayPayl account.  This can be set up on their web site and their are various options/plans.

It will take a couple of days to get the merchant account set up as you need to verify the bank account and such.  They put a couple of small deposits into your account to make sure everything is going to the right spot.

As far as integrating VM & Pay Pal?  That's why I'm here in the forums.

Good Luck!

Sarah

idrisenoch

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 10:09:49 am »
If I'm reading this forum right, you posted this in the VM1.1 area....maybe try down the board in the VM 1.0 section?

Redman

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 22:25:28 pm »
First read this and apply the mod.
I did and it works perfectly.

Yes of course you need a Paypal account how else would you expect to collect your money after a customer gave it to paypal.