Author Topic: I got PayFlow Pro running after upgrade to 1.1 (on GoDaddy server)  (Read 3721 times)

Mike M

• Beginner
I don't know if many people will find this useful, but I was able to get our PayFlow Pro payment module working again after an upgrade to VM 1.1 broke it. (Well, the upgrade broke all the hacks I'd written in the earlier version ;-)

Here are the basics of our configuration:

Joomla 1.0.15
Virtuemart 1.1
Hosted on GoDaddy

Since we're hosted on GoDaddy, we have to use their proxy server to talk to the Payflow Pro site. (see GoDaddy's article here: http://help.godaddy.com/article/289) Virtuemart 1.1 offers a proxy server setting in the VM configuration, but that wasn't working for me using the Payflow Pro files that came with VM 1.1.

Because I've had such good luck getting PFP to run by tweaking the connectionTools.class.php file (located at administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/connectionTools.class.php), this is the first place I looked after upgrading.

I'm attaching my hacked, but working connectionTools.class.php file. I hope it saves someone some time. YOU WILL NEED TO ENTER YOUR OWN INFORMATION IN THIS FILE BEFORE IT WILL WORK. SEE LINE 122!!!

NOTE: Some of these tweaks are most likely necessary because of GoDaddy's particular needs. If you're not hosted on GoDaddy, this might not work at all, so make sure you keep your original file around in case you need to revert.

Good luck.

[attachment cleanup by admin]