Author Topic: Problems with Product Details (can´t write anything)  (Read 5904 times)

bildesentralen

• Beginner
Problems with Product Details (can´t write anything)
« on: April 25, 2008, 13:08:39 pm »
I have put VirtueMart 1.1 on my webpages. It really works fine, but I´ve one serious problem. The product detail field is not activated! I can write a short description. But the product detail field is "greyed" out. How come? It seams to work other places in the system, but not on my products. Someone?

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
Re: Problems with Product Details (can´t write anything)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 15:06:23 pm »
Try selecting a different User Editor for admin in Joomla's User Manager - or select no editor.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VirtueMart 3.8.9.10473 on Joomla 3.9.28 PHP 7.4.14

bildesentralen

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 17:27:30 pm »
Tried the other on coming with joomla... And no editor too. No difference with vm. But not good for the rest of the site. VM RC3 worked ok for me. But no on stable I got a problem. I see Product detail white for one second, then it goes grey and is locked for writing. The funny thing is that I can use it for shop preferences. But not on the products. I use the standard manufacturer. Have categories. And products. Am I supposed to put something else up there to fix the problem? Could some of my components be the reason for it not working? I got Joomla 1.5.2 with VM1.1 and All the new Yoo Stuff. Some feature I am not using I have turned of.

Someone got a bright idea? Probably its just an idiot thing - I´ve not thinking about. But it is a serious problem not to have product detalis on my products.

espenk

• Beginner
    • Lerrett
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 19:12:03 pm »
This is a longshot, but are you using the correct URL for the administration windows?

I had the same problem when I innstalled in on my local computer and just used http://localhost... instead of the URL used during the instal.

bildesentralen

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 19:40:19 pm »
I am using Safari browser on a Mac. Had no problem when testing RC3 of VM. I am working directly on the server, not on local computer. Similar field like product detail works. But not Product detail. Thanx for trying til help me out.

aravot

• Peter
    • VirtueMart Extensions
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 20:07:05 pm »
I am not sure about Safari on Mac as I don't have Mac but I tried Safari on PC, not only description but Save, Apply and Cancel buttons don't work too, we will try to find a fix, in the mean while may I suggest FireFox.

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 20:08:03 pm »
I was just going to confirm that the editor window does not work using Safari 3.1.1 on Windows - nor does the save, apply or cancel button on the product editor.  :)
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VirtueMart 3.8.9.10473 on Joomla 3.9.28 PHP 7.4.14

bildesentralen

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 20:35:45 pm »
Yes, that seems to be the problem. I had the problem with som save/apply feature to - but managed to work around that just by setting the cursor in a field and pressing enter.
But RC3 was running ok with Safari. Hmm... But I will be forced to use Firefox for this operation then. I really like safari better. Hope for a good update later on then.. Thanx. I tried everything else. But to change to firefox I did not. This saved my day. Thanx.