Author Topic: Community Builder integration  (Read 414367 times)

JDA

• Beginner
Re: Community Builder integration
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2006, 17:46:34 pm »
Hi,

I installed all components and modules, made the hacks and everything works for about 90%...
In my case, the new user is not added in the table jos_vm_shopper_vendor_xref when registering through CB. Does anyone else have this problem as well?

Are there any extra changes that need to be made with 1.0.7? I hope to be able to get CB as it is a great component.

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

Jesse

TwinStripe

• Beginner
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2006, 01:37:48 am »
Let us know which mods, hacks and plugins you used (both in CB and VM) - you never know, you could be missing something!

N6REJ

• Beauty By Design
    • PapaBears Pens
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2006, 03:13:41 am »
any further progress on this?
Troy
http://www.treeturner.com
Beauty by Design

Da Fossil

• Beginner
  • Hmm..I wonder....
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2006, 22:40:26 pm »
Hi,

Is the latest version of the plug-in compatible with VM version 1.0.7  ??
From the download page it doesn't seem so...
Da Fossil
Sw developer in back in the late 80s (Vax/VMS, Vax/Rally 4GL, Rdb, C, Developer/2000 & PL/SQL ) ... gone consultant/project manager now getting back to xciting stuff !!

dougal

• Beginner
    • FutureCycles
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2007, 11:08:13 am »
Again, just wondering about the compatibility of this plugin with joomla 1.0.12, virtuemart 1.09 and cb 1.0.12 rc. Anyone installed it successfully on these latest versions.
Thanks to all that have contributed
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it is
all about?

sync

• e-motion design
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2007, 23:12:10 pm »
We've finally got some time to put into our open-source software again; yesterday I updated our CB/Anjel plugin to work with the latest versions of everything, and next on my list is this CB/VM plugin. I'd say (but not promise) that there'd be an update compatible with the latest versions of everything this week.

Cheers,
Ben.

sync

• e-motion design
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2007, 04:34:34 am »
Hi All,

Another release!

0.1.6 Use same _VIRTUEMART_SECRET as other VM files
      Show tab description if in edit mode
      Don't show break if hiding title
      Added localisation ability

Tested on Joomla 1.0.8 - 1.0.11, CB 1.0.RC2 - 1.0.2, VM 1.0.4 - 1.0.9

This one has also hopefully fixed the language bug - and the plugin now handles localisation too. Most text is taken from VM but there's about 6 strings the plugin uses; if anyone writes a translation send it through (or post here) and we'll include it in the next release.

There's a few feature requests left on the tracker which I'll look at once we iron any bugs out of this release. One thing I'm really keen to do is to stop having to produce the VM hacks - any ideas on how we can hook into / override VM's behaviour in the checkout.index.php file when it shows the register form?

If we could reliably replace this line of code:
Code: [Select]
include(PAGEPATH. 'checkout_register_form.php');With our own snippet of code in a version-independant way then we'd be future-proofing the integration of CB and VM to some extent.

Cheers!

dougal

• Beginner
    • FutureCycles
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2007, 09:27:31 am »
Wow, that was quick. Thanks Ben
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it is
all about?

Da Fossil

• Beginner
  • Hmm..I wonder....
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2007, 10:45:18 am »
This is so great! I'll have a look into this asap.

Also, count on having the Portuguese translation of those strings you mention.

Any other particular issues you'd like for us to look at ? besides that one about "future proofing" ?

Best Regards

Hi All,

Another release!

0.1.6 Use same _VIRTUEMART_SECRET as other VM files
      Show tab description if in edit mode
      Don't show break if hiding title
      Added localisation ability

Tested on Joomla 1.0.8 - 1.0.11, CB 1.0.RC2 - 1.0.2, VM 1.0.4 - 1.0.9

This one has also hopefully fixed the language bug - and the plugin now handles localisation too. Most text is taken from VM but there's about 6 strings the plugin uses; if anyone writes a translation send it through (or post here) and we'll include it in the next release.

There's a few feature requests left on the tracker which I'll look at once we iron any bugs out of this release. One thing I'm really keen to do is to stop having to produce the VM hacks - any ideas on how we can hook into / override VM's behaviour in the checkout.index.php file when it shows the register form?

If we could reliably replace this line of code:
Code: [Select]
include(PAGEPATH. 'checkout_register_form.php');With our own snippet of code in a version-independant way then we'd be future-proofing the integration of CB and VM to some extent.

Cheers!
Da Fossil
Sw developer in back in the late 80s (Vax/VMS, Vax/Rally 4GL, Rdb, C, Developer/2000 & PL/SQL ) ... gone consultant/project manager now getting back to xciting stuff !!

sync

• e-motion design
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2007, 02:01:22 am »
Thanks for the comments all!

Any other particular issues you'd like for us to look at ? besides that one about "future proofing" ?

Not at the moment; there's quite a few improvements we need to look at once the basic functions are all 100% - especially the checkout process issue as described earlier in the thread; but at the moment I want to concentrate on making sure the core functionality is all working right.

I had an idea about not having to manually hack VM - I can patch the VM files programatically on install of the plugin and un-patch them on uninstall. I think that should work fine, and I should even be able to build in a bit of future-proofing by searching for a specific string to replace so it won't matter if the lines get moved around or whatever as long as the line I'm searching for exists. Haven't tried implementing this yet but my gut feeling is that it'll work well - I'll probably do this as my next task on the plugin.

Cheers,
Ben (e-motion design).

PS: Also I should thank my employer e-motion design; without their encouragement to work on this project during work hours it wouldn't have happened!

sync

• e-motion design
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2007, 05:15:08 am »
0.1.7 Fixed localisation bug with plugin-specific strings
      Made virtuemart fields optional - required/optional
      Made registration fields optinal - hide/show

sync

• e-motion design
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2007, 23:59:02 pm »
0.1.8 *Really* fixed localisation bug
( Sorry! Somehow I lost my code changes for this fix and had to re-do it. It's not critical - just the 6 plugin-specific strings weren't getting localised properly. All fixed now )

sync

• e-motion design
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2007, 05:07:18 am »
0.1.9  After registration, try to login (optional setting)
       If logging-in, can return to previous page

Hopefully this update fixes the 'checkout process' issue that numerous people have asked about previously.

1. It allows for CB to auto-login after registration (should I make this into a separate plugin for CB? the functionality is really separate from the CB-VM plugin).

2. It allows for a 'return URL' to be sent to the registration page, and the user will be sent back to this URL after registering.

3. The 1.0.9 VM hack includes a slightly updated link which now passed this return URL.

So the process can now go:
Shop > Product > Add to cart > Checkout 1 > Register > Checkout 1 > Checkout 2 ... (for an unregistered user).

I'm still keen to get these hacks over-and-done with and will look into auto-patching VM ASAP.

Cheers,
Ben.

EDIT: Sorry, re-uploaded a bugfix, and as only 1 person had downloaded in that time I left the version # at 0.1.9. One of you will be getting a 'call to a non-member function..' error on the checkout page; just re-copy the hack file and you'll be up to date with the proper 0.1.9 release. We've been having problems with our SVN respository today :|

gorlaz

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2007, 11:13:18 am »
Hi sync,

Thanks for going to the effort on this - I'm sure there are a lot of happy peeps out there for this.

I'm waiting for the Joomla Forge site to come back up so I can look at the material - is there any other place the documentation/install instructions are located?

Does the component work well? I'm a newb at programming and I always miss files when I upgrade components which breaks stuff - how invasive is the component to core files?

Cheers

EDIT*** Got to the forge ;) Do you want a hand with documentation?

Michael

• Beginner
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2007, 04:28:04 am »
Hey sync!

Great job friend. I love the automatically login feature :)

Do you think that it would be possible to have the CB fields within the VM login/register screen? (below the basket, like in the original VM register screen)

This way, we would save 2 clicks to users and the proccess would go like this:

Shop > Product > Add to cart > Checkout 1 + Register > Checkout 2 ...

Just my humble suggestion ;)