News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

it is forbidden to store CVV2 number in the database

Started by simbo1905, March 19, 2006, 15:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankZoid

Yes, I just upgraded a site and had to edit the files to remove CVV2 data. I prefer to edit these manually, in case something has changed as far as line numbers or such. Use ps_checkout.php.forbiddencvv2.diff.txt as a guide, you will see the line being edited, and the replacement code.

winfreepcs

Yes.

Mine works in J 1.0.12 and VM 1.0.9

I also manage to hide all the numbers except last 4 of the cc number in the email.

Make sure you can read the full cc number and CVV in the order list in the backend.

JSG

FavoriteU

Can someone please update this??  I am using 1.0.10 and the patch listed in this thread did not work.  I received the following error:

Hunk #1 succeeded at 864 (offset -7 lines).
Hunk #2 FAILED at 1523.
Hunk #3 succeeded at 2199 with fuzz 2 (offset 85 lines).
1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file ps_checkout.php.rej

This is a VERY important issue, and I am a bit surprised it hasn't been fixed in a release yet, and there is not more documentation concerning it.  I'm not trying to come across as a jerk, I just hate to think many people might be in violation of the T.O.S. and may not even know it. 

Pat

Hi,

I just manually applied the patch to ps_checkout.php VM 1.0.12 and it works fine. I think the reason it doesn't work on 1.0.12 is that the line numbers are different.

To apply manually, do this:

- make a backup of ps_checkout.php; it's located in
/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/

- Find this line:

$q .= "'" . $d["order_payment_code"] . "', ";

- Change to:

$q .= "'', ";

- Find this line:

$payment_info_details .= 'CVV code: '.$_SESSION['ccdata']['credit_card_code'].'<br />';

- Change to:
//$payment_info_details .= 'CVV code: '.$_SESSION['ccdata']['credit_card_code'].'<br />';

Thanks a LOT for the patch. I don't need to get busted for story cc info.
Website Design: Boulder, Denver, CO, Victor/Driggs ID, Jackson, Wy
http://writenowdesign.com

guilliam

this post has been very helpful.
guess next releases should take a serious look into this issue?

- g
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.
^^If u read that in $GREEN, Argh!! u missed the HIGHLIGHTS and all the FUN!
www.joomlaconsultancy.net  |  www.astang.com

Frogdog

Is this issue still open on the later versions? I'm running VM 1.1.12... I did a quick search for CVV in my db, and found no tables. Thanks in advance for replying.

guilliam

Quote from: Frogdog on November 26, 2007, 22:25:47 PM
Is this issue still open on the later versions? I'm running VM 1.1.12... I did a quick search for CVV in my db, and found no tables. Thanks in advance for replying.

its because its encrypted.

- g
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.
^^If u read that in $GREEN, Argh!! u missed the HIGHLIGHTS and all the FUN!
www.joomlaconsultancy.net  |  www.astang.com

Frogdog

Ah...and now I see the post right above mine (duh) and the manual patch...will apply. I agree with FavoriteU, I'm surprised this is not already setup in the core VM files this way. Thanks for the reply, will fix right now.

QubeSys Technologies

Well, My questions is, if Im switching off the encryption on backend, and I want to store the full credit card details on the database, then where is it stored ?
Blissful!