Author Topic: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1.0.11) + store wide quantity mod  (Read 456089 times)

MyMusicVid

• Beginner
    • Music videos site
Thanks for the super fast response, Mark! That sorted it out.

Thanks again
Ryan

snazzyperry

Re: MOD: Child list
« Reply #511 on: August 08, 2007, 23:49:24 pm »
I have noticed that the Child-list mod reapplies discounts TOO much. What is happening is that IF you are using the mod and you have child-listed merchandise it will reapply the discount??!!??

WHAT should be happening is that IF you have a member group that accesses their 'private' pricing, then the child-list shows different prices for the children WITH the discount added!!

What I have done is to create a wholesale group and gave them NO DISCOUNT... instead to manually type in their costs for each product (because they get a different range of discounts).
Then I have created a general price WITH a discount of say 30% for the general online traffic.

What it does is SHOW the discounted price on top BUT it reapplies the discount below - effectively giving a steeper discount to the wholesalers group!!??

It would be nice to JUST see the previous discount (30%off) and IF you are a member then you see YOUR price listed BUT without MORE discounts applied... just the item price that I manually typed in??

DOES ANYONE have suggestions or success stories using two or more member groups along with discounts applied to the retail (showing retail and the discount above)?

I FOUND out that IF you go TOO fast when entering items, then it will 'forget' and apply the discount to everything?? THEN you will have to go into each item and delete and create new - taking your time.

VM STILL will NOT eliminate nor reflect the members pricing when 'browsing' and ONLY when you are within the actual items?? I do NOT know how to get by this but this is often confusing to customers as they 'think' that the price that is shown IS their price and some don't go any further.

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
I think you will find that is not my mod that is doing something wrong, so probably the wrong thread to post in!

If you create a child product and give it a discount this will apply to all price groups. It is set per child not per price group.

i.e. If you set a discount of 10% for the child, then a discount of 10% will be applied to the default pricing, to the wholesale price and any other price group that you have set up.

It is a discount for the child, not a price group, I have verified this on a stock install (without my mod).

I am working on an advanced discount mod that should overcome all these problems, but as I said, it is not a problem with my mod!

Mark
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

snazzyperry

I do agree that it is NOT your mod as it seems to be a problem with opening too many windows when modifying items... I was trying to save time entering the children...  :-\

I appologise for the wrongful direction to the problem at hand.

I AWAIT your mod as your child-list mod DOES work great IF you enter one item at a time slowly (not your fault again, VM maybe but I think it has to do with the calls to the database.)

Keep up the great development!

This might not be the forum topic but is there a way to eliminate the discounted prices to reflect a 'save up to 50%' instead of showing the price in the browse window?

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
This might not be the forum topic but is there a way to eliminate the discounted prices to reflect a 'save up to 50%' instead of showing the price in the browse window?

Not as such, maybe this is something that needs to be added to my advanced discount mod! Still in development, just haven't had the time to devote to it.

More details can be seen here Advanced Discount Mod

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

happyshopper

• Beginner
Is there any way on the parent page to hide the child's advanced attributes. What I need is a list of child items just as the mod puts out, with a link to the children items. Once you click on the children items, the options for that item will show up. I know that the code ask if we are on the parent page or not and outputs the tables based on this information, but it seems that there would be some way to only display the children's advanced attributes on the child's page.

The first attachment is the current output, the second would be the parent page and the third would be the child's page. I already have the child's page outputing like I want it to, but not the parent's page.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
The whole idea of this mod was not to go to the child product page, which adds an extra step in the buying process. (I added the link because some people wanted it, personally I can not see the point)

You could change it by testing for the parent product in ps_product_attributes.php where it checks for advanced attributes.

I am not going to, because it defeats the object of the mod.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

happyshopper

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1
« Reply #517 on: August 15, 2007, 04:42:35 am »
I understand it is not the object of this mod, but I don't see the problem with having a conditional approach to the mod. I am not a php programmer and do not know that much about it. I am just looking for a solution through what I think is a great shopping cart made even better by the mods that people like you make for the cart. From what I read on the post, the mod and the cart would not be where it is except through the suggestions of the community. My suggestion my be as needed as any other in the post before it.

happyshopper

• Beginner
Does anyone have any ideas on what needs to be done to make this work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am completely lost on the PHP aspects of this.

happyshopper

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1
« Reply #519 on: August 17, 2007, 16:10:35 pm »
This has been resolved. Thank you.

Patrick

• Beginner
Dropdown help plzzzzzzzzz
« Reply #520 on: August 24, 2007, 03:47:33 am »
First I want to thanks Marks for this great mod! I need to make a small modification regarding  the way the attribute is display... In my child list I only have 2 attributes, which are : Format and Paper. I just need to have a drop down for Paper with 2 value (Glossy, Matte). How can I do this? In advance  Thank you!!!!!!

Gideon Newell

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1.0.11) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #521 on: September 09, 2007, 03:32:36 am »
Hey Mark- great mod, looks like it will perfectly suit my problem. I've installed it however, but I'm not sure if I've done so properly. My shop (VM 1.0.12 in Joomla 1.0.12 with ChildList 1.0.11) now has the 'Display Options' tab on products, but the attributes still display in the normal drop-down fashion, despite how I configure the options there. One other notable fact: after I uploaded the files and opened VM's configuration via Joomla's admin, I did not get the expected error message. Any ideas what I may have done wrong? Thanks!

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1.0.11) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #522 on: September 09, 2007, 12:35:36 pm »
This mod does not affect the attributes of a product! i.e. with my mod installed 3rd tab attributes e.g. colour,red,green,blue;size,s,m,l[+10.00]

This mod is for child products of a parent product.
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Gideon Newell

• Beginner
« Reply #523 on: September 10, 2007, 16:07:37 pm »
Ah, I see- Thanks Mark. I'm definitely trying to avoid using Child Products, so I'll keep looking for an alternative way of displaying Product Attributes (without a drop-down box). I don't suppose anyone knows a good approach for that?

John - Australia

• Beginner
Child List Table Header alignment
« Reply #524 on: October 08, 2007, 11:14:35 am »
Hi
I have successfully used this mod for some time, but I hsve now put it on a newsite, and the table headers are completely out of alignment with the child attributes.
Does anyone know where I can set the alignments

John