Author Topic: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1.0.11) + store wide quantity mod  (Read 456092 times)

GollumX

• Beginner
  • DOH!
Hi, is there a tutorial somewhere for this mod/hack?

I'm not looking forward to reading the 32 pages of this thread.

The very first post gives links to a zip that i assume must be uploaded to the com_vm folder.

Then it gives some instructions on how to edit some files... no mention of whether we have to make those edits or are they all covered by the hack we must upload.

After uploading, then what? How do i create these child products?

Please help.

Thanks for the great hack macallf. You, Joseph, Soeren, and the other folk here are an asset to the Joomla community. Thanks.

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
You just overwrite the files, nothing to edit.

Creating child products is discussed in the VM manual, no change there.

There is a new display options tab when setting up products. This is where everything is set and is quite self explanatory.

Mark
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

GollumX

• Beginner
  • DOH!
I figured as much macallf. sorry, it was 3am and the frustration was too much.

I did that and saw the new tab. But how do i actually create the new 'child' products? There didn't seem to be anywhere to create the child products, only a tab to configure how it looked.

TIA

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Creating child products is a standard VM function and is discussed in the VM manual. It also has its own forum thread.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
I now have a site where this mod can be seen working in its different formats and also includes configuration and installation instructions. It will also hold the current files.

It's nearly complete but is still ongoing. It has it's own forum too, as this thread is now too large to maintain. So individual posts can be entered and it will be easier to see/search other posts.

Mark Callf Design

This is also in my sig.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

terry

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1
« Reply #470 on: May 14, 2007, 20:19:24 pm »
Hi Mark,exellent job!
I have an request:
Is it possible to apply an image to each child?
Thanks in advance,terry

EZToms

• Beginner
Yes, just go to the child product page.

Steve Mailleux

• Beginner
Hello to all,

I have to thanks Mark a lot for his mods, and all of you that finally were contributors too !
I'm still in Joomla 1.0.11, VM 1.07 and Joomfish 1.7

I have actually a problem with the mod and Joomfish.
Using the contentelement vm_product_attribute_by_SKU, I'am able to translate the attribute names.  When there is no translation, then the list displays the column, the attribute in the original language and the values (image A->1) But if a translation exists then it does not appear in the Header in the display list (image A->2). And all the column is then skipped, the values for this attribute are not displayed.
I think that that the bug is in the way the html code to display the header is buit, because when adding a child in the cart, the attribute is well displayed in the original language if the translation does not exist (image B->1), or in the translated language if it exists (image B->2).

Mark, could you please have a look at that, or has anybody else already corrected the code ?

Thanks in advance.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
I'm not doing anything different!

The attributes are output from the DB and paced into the html. The same way the drop down is created. I don't use JoomFish so I can't comment on how it works, but I thought it just intercepted the database calls and if a translation is available return the translated version.

From your images it looks as though it is not returning the field at all, which would truncate the table. More Joomfish than my mod, I would say.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

EZToms

• Beginner
Childlist on child product detail page
« Reply #474 on: May 21, 2007, 16:50:09 pm »
Hello Macallf,

Is it possible to display the full childlist when you're on a child page? I only have the child which I'm on.

Regards,

Thomas

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
The whole concept of the childlist was to display all children at once without changing pages. Some uses asked for the child to be displayed individually.

It will be a lot of work to change it again to show all the children when on an individual child page.

Not something I am prepared to do.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Steve Mailleux

• Beginner
Thanks for your lookup, Mark.

So, does anybody uses Childlist with translated attributes with Joomfish ?
Or could someone make a test to help the debugging ?

Regards,

Steve

EZToms

• Beginner
The whole concept of the childlist was to display all children at once without changing pages. Some uses asked for the child to be displayed individually.

It will be a lot of work to change it again to show all the children when on an individual child page.

Not something I am prepared to do.

Thanks macallf, I'll digg into the code a bit.

terry

• Beginner
hi,
i need to add the word "stock" in the field indicated from the arrow in the attach image.
Thanks in advance,terry.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Add it into the th section of the mod, you have obviously changed part of it to display stock. Near the beginning of the function will be a routine to display header. Add it there.

MArk
Mark
Mark Callf Designs