Author Topic: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1.0.11) + store wide quantity mod  (Read 456081 times)

Justin Z

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (
« Reply #300 on: December 05, 2006, 18:06:31 pm »
This brings up an issue that I also had with Attributes when I first attempted to set up child items.

We use the term Attribute for two very different purposes.  I don't know the history on this but I'm guessing that someone created the child concept from an existing attribute system and never separated the procedures to work with them.

This makes it complicated, not only for us to learn and work with but also for my clients.  I have used different names for it in training so that they see a difference.

Just a quick note while thinking about it.

Yes, I think the term "Attribute" as related to child products should be renamed to Child, or Product Varient, etc. Certainly, if a menu pick or icon exists for the sole purpose of creating child item (if not reusing a menu pick) then it should be labled "Add Child Item" or such. Likewise, if a parent item has children, then it would be helpful if it showed up somewhere on the product edit page.

It's a very nice mod for displaying a table product options. Thanks!!

-Justin

dec

• Beginner
Is it possible to use Childlist modification and CSV Improved together?

Thanks!

doggy4s

• Beginner
is there a bug ??

scenario: no flypage specified in admin site configuration
flypage_x specified in category settings
there are 2 flypages available : flypage_new and flypage_x

from browse page to flypage flypage_x is used correctly

when going to flypage from link in cart to product flypage_new is displayed

also still only get a grey standard add to cart button when  using list / on add to cart button  in browsepage

thanks

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.7) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #303 on: December 06, 2006, 12:31:17 pm »
The addtocart button uses the standard vm style, I have double checked the files and this is sepecified the same as the browse page and product details page. (This is in the mod 1.0.7-2).

The flypage will use the correct the flypage that is specified. I suggest you check the url to see which flypage is being specified.

Perhaps you changed flypages and haven't cleared your browsers cache.

I have tested and there is no problem. NOT A BUG

Mark
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

VMuser

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.7) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #304 on: December 06, 2006, 19:39:31 pm »
Does any one know how to hide or disguise the parentheses and equal, plus, or minus signs by some means or using css?

I have a customer that only wants to see the price and not the code. I thought about breaking apart the string and setting a class to hide them. Has anyone got a better idea?

Thanks,

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #305 on: December 06, 2006, 19:45:41 pm »
Does any one know how to hide or disguise the parentheses and equal, plus, or minus signs by some means or using css?

I have a customer that only wants to see the price and not the code. I thought about breaking apart the string and setting a class to hide them. Has anyone got a better idea?

Thanks,

Within this mod? As far as I am aware it does not show +,-,() or []. I think you are referring to attributes.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

mknz

• Beginner
    • National Underground
THANK YOU MARK!!!

fidel

« Reply #307 on: December 06, 2006, 20:16:25 pm »
Is it possible to use Childlist modification and CSV Improved together?
Good question. I was wondering the very same thing. Has anyone tried this with improved CSV?

dec

• Beginner
I have try it but same files share code so I think the only solution is to install one of them and after compare the files with the new to insert manually the code...

I think it can be a super cool upgrade to have the CSV Improved ChildList Mod ready to install. ;)

Thanks!

RolandD

• Home of CSVI
« Reply #309 on: December 06, 2006, 23:11:56 pm »
I have the childList107-2.zip file and I checked that against the CSV Improved but the only problem area I saw was the English language file. Am I missing something here?
Regards,

RolandD

CSVI
http://www.csvimproved.com/

johnnybravo

Firstly, great mod, really great support... well done!!!

I am a little confused though.  I have spent all day reading the threads for this mod and seem to have gone backwards from what i was trying to achive.

I have installed the mod [version childList107-2] on a fresh copy of Joomla 1.0.11 and VM 1.0.7, the install went well...ish

When i look at the products with children they display like this:

Is that right? At the start of this mod thread it was displaying the children as a list getting rid of the drop down?

I have tried using the code from the first page of this thread and that made my products display how i wanted them... kind of.  I was now getting an issue with an extra add to cart button being displayed, which was fixed later on in the discussion but removed the other add to basket issues (which i want to keep).  With this version i also wanted to eliminate the problem where when you select a child it changes the details to that specific child and i want it to go to checkout when the user has selected their item.

can anyone advise what i need to do? should i install the latest version or start from the beginning?

im sure that my issues are down to me, but im lost now and seem to be going nowhere.  This looks a fantastic mod and contains pretty much everythning i want but in different versions.

please help
John

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #311 on: December 07, 2006, 18:53:34 pm »
There has been so many posts in this thread that it is hard to keep track of!

But this post http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=99999999&topic=15697.msg52992#msg52992

Should help. It shows the screen shot of the product entry screen in the vm backend and the new tab for display options. To use as a list You have to specify for each product that you wish to use it as a list and the style you require. The info in this screen refers to all childlist mods since version 1.0.6

This should help

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

johnnybravo

Thought it would be something simple!! Guess i must have skimmed over that page!!!

Just had a quick look now and think that is what i want. I got it displaying as a list anyway!!! I will look more in a little while.

Thanks Mark, your work here is fantastic and greatly appreciated. Excellent Mod

John

johnnybravo

Hi Mark,

Just been looking at what you said... its working pretty much how i want it now, just a couple of questions. 

The price is showing with a price and a price in red crossed out is is possible to prevent this and simply show the current price?

Is it possible to add the stock code into the list?

You discussed on page 3 of this thread about sending the user to the shopping basket once they have selected a item (as apposed to the method now where it simply adds to the basket) - will this work with version 1.0.7?

Can i change it so that instead of the list containing the description it shows an attribute "size" - for example my shop will be selling life jackets amongst other things which will have small, medium, large sizes.  At the moment i am using the description field to add S, M, L but when you view the basket that is what shows up.

I realise you are busy but if you could point me in the right direction again it will be greatly appreciated. 

thanks for your help so far Mark

John

teemu_m

• Beginner
    • Photogallery
« Reply #314 on: December 07, 2006, 21:25:55 pm »
The price is showing with a price and a price in red crossed out is is possible to prevent this and simply show the current price?

File .../com_virtuemart/classes/ps_product_attribute.php
Remove or comment away these two lines:
    // $html .= "<span style=\"color:red;\">\n<strike>";
    // $html .= $CURRENCY_DISPLAY->getFullValue($price["product_price"])."</strike></span>&nbsp;";

Edit: BTW, this mod seems to work great. I really hope it or something similar will be included to core VM. Thank you very much!