Author Topic: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1.0.11) + store wide quantity mod  (Read 456034 times)

MartijnBoeve

• Beginner
Hi macallf,

I´ve been editing some loose pages to get the mod to work, i´ve been adding the code at the beginning of this thread, becouse I can´t just upload the files due to earlier edits to some of the files...

I do have the list instead of the dropdown and the standard add to cart disapears when it finds child items. My only problem now is that when I press the add to cart for a child product, it goes to the cart inmediately, but somewhere the childpage gets loaded becouse the childproduct gets displayed in the recently viewed products.

see http://www.southgate.nl/index.php?%20page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=40&category_id=&manufacturer_id=&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26 to see it work...

Do you know how to hack it so it displays the parent product instead of the child product in the recently viewed products?

gr. Martijn

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.7) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #271 on: November 27, 2006, 16:50:10 pm »
The recently viewed products module is, if I'm not mistaken, not a standard vm module.

I would contact the author of that module, unless you are referring to a module by the wrong name.

Mark
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

Justin Z

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.7) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #272 on: November 29, 2006, 14:25:03 pm »
macallf,

I would really like to use Child List. So I donwloaded childList107-2.zip.  But I don't see any files that as new as this discussion.  Does this mean that I'll need to assemble all the extra code changes from this thread to get it working without issues rasied here, or am I misinterpreting? Should I wait until you've compiled the changes into another release?

BTW, thanks for your help in the other thread. You're a coding machine!

Justin

mog

• ione - world's finest input devices
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (
« Reply #273 on: November 29, 2006, 14:39:56 pm »
childlist 107-2 is the latest version and should run without any problems in VM 1.0.7.!

Davec

« Reply #274 on: November 29, 2006, 16:30:14 pm »
Thought I had solved the following problem by using attributes and then selecting to display latest products for the sort order.

I am basically setting up, a site for clothing. So the size are S, M, L, XL, XXL with colour options. I added the the range in black but when I add White Small it is placed between the XL and XXL black (see screenshot). What I need of course is black with sizes ascending and then the same for white, blue, grey etc.

Is there solution for this?

Dave  ???

[attachment cleanup by admin]

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #275 on: November 29, 2006, 16:41:36 pm »
Will the SKU be in the correct order?

If it is change the queries in ps_product_attribute.php

From

$q = "SELECT product_id,product_name,product_parent_id,product_sku,product_in_stock FROM #__{vm}_product WHERE product_parent_id='$product_id' AND product_publish='Y'";

to

$q = "SELECT product_id,product_name,product_parent_id,product_sku,product_in_stock FROM #__{vm}_product WHERE product_parent_id='$product_id' AND product_publish='Y'
 ORDER BY product_sku";

There is also a similar query a few lines down, this needs to be altered the same way i.e. add the
 ORDER BY product_sku at the end.

This will sort the children by sku

Mark

Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

Davec

« Reply #276 on: November 29, 2006, 16:53:22 pm »
My SKU's have been set the following way:

Black: D1 is the design, S is the size with BL representing black

D1SBL  = Design 1 Small Black

D1MBL = Design 1 Medium Black

and so on. The BL is then replaced with WH for white, GR for grey etc.

If you have a better suggestion for SKU's please let me know

Dave  :)

doggy4s

• Beginner
My appologies for not seeing it yet

I installed the childList107-2.zip but I still get a add to cart button after each product
I am not using any childs as I lik to use one  add to cart . did  specify use checkbox with each product

Must be missing some other change /adjustment I need to do , so please any guidance possible to get the lightbulb  going

thanks

eens mijn frank valt lukt het well

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #278 on: November 29, 2006, 18:43:49 pm »
My appologies for not seeing it yet

I installed the childList107-2.zip but I still get a add to cart button after each product
I am not using any childs as I lik to use one  add to cart . did  specify use checkbox with each product

Must be missing some other change /adjustment I need to do , so please any guidance possible to get the lightbulb  going

thanks

eens mijn frank valt lukt het well

http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=99999999&topic=15697.msg37613#msg37613
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

doggy4s

• Beginner
thank you ,

"adding" a browse_x_footer is what I was missing

Davec

« Reply #280 on: November 29, 2006, 22:55:15 pm »
My plot seems to have thickened just a bit. I have now added 20 products and the only one which will not display S, M, L, XL, XXL in the correct order is Design 3. I have tried cloning different products and even added it from scratch but still no joy  ??? I have attached one screen shot for Design 3 and one for Design 20. Attributes are all the same the only difference being the actual design on the garment!

Any ideas, this is driving me mad  :-\

Dave

[attachment cleanup by admin]

doggy4s

• Beginner
 >:(

hmm, works...until one  lists all products or does a search , than it reverts to standard and cant get back to what it is set for

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #282 on: November 30, 2006, 01:31:10 am »
It's was only designed to work on the individual categories page. I never done any testing with all products or search

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

doggy4s

• Beginner
ok, thanks

Justin Z

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (
« Reply #284 on: November 30, 2006, 03:23:37 am »
Mark,
Sorry if this is obvious and I'm just not seeing it...

My understanding is that I should just unzip childList107-2.zip into <site>/components/com_virtuemart/ and then...
But I don't see anything new on Product Information tab. I also don't see the store product page attribute dropdown switch into a form for each variant.

Was the mod supposed to add classes, html, & languages folders to com_virtuemart directory?
Is there a howto somewhere?

Thanks