Author Topic: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1.0.11) + store wide quantity mod  (Read 456086 times)

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.6) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #225 on: November 15, 2006, 01:17:28 am »
I don't know anything about the affiliate solution, sorry. Release date, again I can't give a date. Were still in the alpha stage.

Mark
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

mog

• ione - world's finest input devices
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (
« Reply #226 on: November 15, 2006, 12:01:38 pm »
hi mark,

first of all: good job!

Now there's only one question left: how can i combine your this mod with my price breaks?
the list shows "0,00 €" always, but after I added the item to the cart it's calculated correctly.

Does anyone have a hint how / where to integrate {product_price} to the childlist?
Many thanks in advance!

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.6) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #227 on: November 15, 2006, 12:08:19 pm »
Have you set your first price range quantity to start from 0? e.g. 0 to 9 price 1, 10 - 19 price 2 etc

If you haven't this will show as 0.00 on the child page!

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

mog

« Reply #228 on: November 15, 2006, 12:21:11 pm »
Yes, i have, when I check the product details in the backend the price is also shown under "Item Information", but not listing up in the childlist :(

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #229 on: November 15, 2006, 12:29:50 pm »
Well, I don't know what else to suggest. The only scenario when the price displays as 0 is when the first quantity range does not start at 0.

I have tested and this is how it works on my site. The price range quantity start is set to 1 and I get a 0 price, the quantity starts at 0 and the price is shown as it should.

I don't know what else to suggest. Have you a link to your site?

Maybe then I can work it out.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

mog

« Reply #230 on: November 15, 2006, 12:31:31 pm »
oh you were right, ALL child items need to have a price that starts at 1, i skipped one because i was too lazy tochange them all XD

But still, I somehow need to show all prices per item (we have three each)

Many thanks for your help!!

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #231 on: November 15, 2006, 12:37:51 pm »
are all the child item prices the same?

If they are you can just set the prices in the parent and clear all the child prices. The price table will then show on the main page. If not you will have to re-write the pricing code for the children. Possibly using the same method on the browse page, which will show an info icon and when the mouse is hovered it displays the price table.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

mog

« Reply #232 on: November 15, 2006, 13:14:00 pm »
Thanks Mark, yes, we have different prices per item.
My plan is to alter the price display of the parent item to show something like "starting from: xx,xx€", where xx:xx shows the lowest child-item price.
I will solve this by changing the language file and enter the lowest price manually to the parent item.

I'll try it with your suggestion to rewrite the pricing code for the children. It would be nice to get a hint about which files exactly have to be altered - I'm not a PHP professional, but I'm the master of S.C.P* ;)

*search - copy - paste

FDifferent

• Beginner
I was wondering if drop down mode will work in old mambo phpshop 1.2 version? Thank you.

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #234 on: November 16, 2006, 11:19:33 am »
I was wondering if drop down mode will work in old mambo phpshop 1.2 version? Thank you.

This is designed for Virtuemart, it always has been and has been updated to reflect the changes in VM. I don't think it will work in phpshop, allthough the code to show the drop down quantity boxes could obviously be re-used.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Andrew

Hi,
I would like to know if it is possible to have the shop go to the checkout when the add to cart button is clicked. ATM it refreshes the page. Can this be done?
Thanks
Andrew

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #236 on: November 16, 2006, 13:38:15 pm »
If you are using the latest version of this mod then there is an option in the main vm configuration. Which asks if you stay on the product page or go to the checkout.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Andrew

I am using the latest version. Is it in Admin > Configuration and if so where as i cannot see it
Thanks
Andrew

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #238 on: November 16, 2006, 13:56:22 pm »
Yes it's in the main config, see screenshot

Mark

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Andrew

Hi Mark,
Thanks for that. Interestingly enough it was already unticked, so I ticked it and saved the config and unticked it and saced again and that fixed it.
Andrew