Author Topic: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1.0.11) + store wide quantity mod  (Read 456046 times)

Johnny33

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.6) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #210 on: November 11, 2006, 15:06:02 pm »
Hi all,

Would it be possible to get the available QTY, to display in the child list??

thanks in advance

Mark

Is it also possible to get the "Usually ships within.." icon to be displayed?

Thanks

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.6) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #211 on: November 11, 2006, 15:17:55 pm »
Anythings possible.

Yes it can be done, but I'm not going too!

The code I have placed is for general use and contains the features most want or need.

If you wish to modify the code for your own use go ahead, it's what it is there for.

If you read through these posts you will see several pointers to where things need to be modified to do what you want.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but I,m busy incorporating this into VM1.1, where it will be a standard feature.

Plus working on paid work!

Mark
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

Andrew

Hi,

Thanks for this excellent mod. I have updated to VM 1.0.7 and applied your code to the site. It works fine. However all my children products have 2 prices next to the add to cart. It has it listed like it was on special with a strike through the price in red and then the current price, even though the specials box is not ticked on the parent or child product and the prices are the same. You can see what I mean here:
http://www.sissey.com.au/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=33

Any ideas?
Thanks
Andrew

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #213 on: November 13, 2006, 11:45:10 am »
Hi,

sorry about that, I forgot to update to handle that!!

in ps_product_attributes.php

search for this code it appears twice in the file :

$html .= "<td width=\"10%\"align='right'>";
                    $html .= "<span style=\"color:red;\">\n<strike>";
                    $html .= $CURRENCY_DISPLAY->getFullValue($price["product_price"])."</strike></span>&nbsp;";
                    $html .= $CURRENCY_DISPLAY->getFullValue($actual_price["product_price"]);
                    $html .= "</td>";

replace with this

$html .= "<td width=\"10%\"align='right'>";
                    if($price['product_price'] != $actual_price['product_price']) {
                        $html .= "<span style=\"color:red;\">\n<strike>";
                        $html .= $CURRENCY_DISPLAY->getFullValue($price["product_price"])."</span>&nbsp;";
                        $html .= $CURRENCY_DISPLAY->getFullValue($actual_price["product_price"])."&nbsp;";
                    }
                    else {
                        $html .= $CURRENCY_DISPLAY->getFullValue($price["product_price"])."&nbsp;";
                    }
                    $html .= "</td>";

This now checks to see if the discounted price = actual price if it does it displays only the price, if there is a discount it will display as you see it now

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

Andrew

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the reply. Which one do I modify, the first or the second occurance?
Andrew

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #215 on: November 13, 2006, 12:34:55 pm »
Sorry, I should have said.

I'd do both - The first is for one add to cart button, the second is for the multiple add to cart buttons

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Andrew

Hi Mark,
No need to say sorry, really. This is an fantastic add on and I am glad to read that it will be built into VM 1.1
Your fixed worked like a charm.
Thanks again
Andrew

John - Australia

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (
« Reply #217 on: November 14, 2006, 01:45:44 am »
This is a fantastic mod - very clean. I wanted to show the discounted price in the table. How would I do this.Ideally I would like to show gross price, discount, net price for each product.
I have installed the mod to show strike out and net prices for products with child items, but this doesn't affect the price shown for products without child items.
I can set up each product with a child item and this then works, but it would be a lot of work and also difficult for shoppers who woule have more  mouse clicks to get to the cart

John - Australia

• Beginner
« Reply #218 on: November 14, 2006, 13:45:26 pm »
thomas_freeman

1 problem though when i have a product WITHOUT any child products it still show the full price where the child products are displayed on the product details page . any ideas?

thank

Did you find an answer to this -  I also have products without children
John

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #219 on: November 14, 2006, 14:23:37 pm »
The price display mod for child items is also in shop.product_details.php, this show products without children. Look for the addtocart routine in here and alter the price display the same way as in ps_product_attributes.php.

This will then give a unified look across the site.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

John - Australia

• Beginner
« Reply #220 on: November 14, 2006, 14:40:02 pm »
The price display mod for child items is also in shop.product_details.php, this show products without children. Look for the addtocart routine in here and alter the price display the same way as in ps_product_attributes.php.

This will then give a unified look across the site.

Mark
[/color]
I did this and it removed the pricing from the product list just above add to cart for products with no child items, which is fine. The add to cart button now sends me to the 'view all products page which is a bit confusing

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #221 on: November 14, 2006, 15:09:46 pm »
Then something else must have been altered as well! The price has no affect on the add to cart.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Amina

• Beginner
« Reply #222 on: November 15, 2006, 00:30:19 am »
Hi mark,

Glad to see you are still on the case.. ;)

Wondering if you could make a sticky to with the files you have modified.
They have got it over at open-sef for the virtuemart sef file and it looks
clean instead of looking all over the thread for the desired files. 

just list them and their functions and attach the sticky post.

thats all in one post.

love Amina

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #223 on: November 15, 2006, 00:58:31 am »
    I wish I could, but I can't create a sticky post, I'm not a moderator!

This will be included in VM 1.1 as standard, I've been working on it for the last 3 days!!

But so many different options.

VirtueMart 1.1 Specs for childlist
  • Styling is done via css and you can add suffix's per product for individual product styling
  • Radio buttons will also be an option
  • there's an option to include product type info in the child product
  • You can include extra product_ids so you can display a single item in a list with related products or a child list with extra products listed
  • There will also be a minimum and maximum order level for products

See the screen shot of the backend, and how it can look in the frontend.
Pic 1 Admin for product the second attribute width should be class suffix
Pic 2 child list with 1 add to cart button and include 2 extra product id's
Pic 3 childlist with an add to cart per product with 2 extra product id's
Pic 4 Single item with 2 extra product id's

As you can see its quite configurable and should hopefully cover all circumstances.

Remember this is not for the current release of vm and will not be updated to include these new functions.

Mark

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Amina

• Beginner
« Reply #224 on: November 15, 2006, 01:00:47 am »
Sorry I missed the post about the include in 1.0.1.  That is good enough for me.
Can i ask if you know about the affiliate solution for 1.0.1 ?  I means is it on the table.
When is the release date?

Thanks Mark