Author Topic: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1.0.11) + store wide quantity mod  (Read 456044 times)

gybfefe

• Beginner
Thanks to a link from gursikh on the IRC channel - I've just found out about this mod :D really impressed - thanks much for all the work macallf! :)
Hello I write to you because it's easier to find the irc channel anyway the big problem that there's
no solution for taxes at items or attributes or both....
They show the pure price without any tax. Everything else works fine in any combination of
tax related questions but when items or attributes come into the picture, only the products
without them shows the taxes at cart's summery.
Maybe 1.0.2 worked in his time with the hack of ps_product_attribute.php on line 314
but 1.0.4 is corrected with this hack and just doesn't work.
Any idea? or I have to set up an irc client ???

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Hello I write to you because it's easier to find the irc channel anyway the big problem that there's
no solution for taxes at items or attributes or both....
They show the pure price without any tax. Everything else works fine in any combination of
tax related questions but when items or attributes come into the picture, only the products
without them shows the taxes at cart's summery.
Maybe 1.0.2 worked in his time with the hack of ps_product_attribute.php on line 314
but 1.0.4 is corrected with this hack and just doesn't work.
Any idea? or I have to set up an irc client

Hi

Is this question related to this mod?

If so, more of an explanation of the problem is required.

Otherwise you need to post this question elsewhere!!

Mark
Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

gybfefe

• Beginner
I just looking after gurus whose can solve this terrible situation....
Hoped maybe at least there's a display workaround on item or atrrib tax showcase
sorry if I confused the cat

gybfefe

• Beginner
A big sorry from everybody!
I didn't know that simple tax means shipping tax according to virtual tax...
for gurus
I was the cat

gforce701

• Beginner
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (1.0.5)
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2006, 11:57:22 am »
Hey Mark,

Great mod. I'm having an issue with 1.05. I'm not seeing the check boxes. Only see one add to cart button but not working the way the last version did. The only file I did not load is the language file (current file is highly customized). Is the language file critical to this showing the check boxes?

Thanks for your work on providing us this mod!
Grant

Bruce Morgan

« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2006, 17:42:15 pm »
Okay after reading five pages of posts, I am not quite sure what this mod does.  I guess I need to know what a child prduct is.  It seems from the example on the first page that the art piece is available in three different sizes and all are shown together.  Would each piece have its own SKU?  If the the three items are child product where is the "parent"?  Am I the only one who does not understand this???

Bruce
ww.pepper-passion.com

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2006, 19:35:56 pm »
Okay after reading five pages of posts, I am not quite sure what this mod does.  I guess I need to know what a child prduct is.  It seems from the example on the first page that the art piece is available in three different sizes and all are shown together.  Would each piece have its own SKU?  If the the three items are child product where is the "parent"?  Am I the only one who does not understand this???

Bruce
ww.pepper-passion.com

A child product is a way to sell different versions of the same product, each child has its own sku and stock levels prices etc, just like any other products. The parent product is the holder for the child products. Anything set in the parent product is carried over to the child e.g. description. But the child product can have its own description and this will take presedence.

VirtueMart will display a parent product and present a dropdown box for you to select the child you wish to purchase, this then reloads the page with that child.

My Mod just shows all child products in a list. If youre selling something thats available in 4 different colours and nothing else is different, why make the user choose a colour - be presented with another page and then make the purchase? This just displays all colours and you choose how many you would like of each.

Child products are discussed in other posts, do a search to get more info.

Hey Mark,

Great mod. I'm having an issue with 1.05. I'm not seeing the check boxes. Only see one add to cart button but not working the way the last version did. The only file I did not load is the language file (current file is highly customized). Is the language file critical to this showing the check boxes?

Thanks for your work on providing us this mod!
Grant

I'll check this out and get back to you

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2006, 20:37:47 pm »
Hi

I have just updated this to work with VirtueMart 1.0.5

There were a few inconsistencies with the last upload.

I have checked every aspect with all the options and works the same way as before.

There has been since verion 1.0.4 a single add to cart button, just for those that missed it. Downloadable items are displayed using a check box.

The details page now displays a formatted style (table row) for the product details.

The tables have a class name of "child_list"

and use the SEARCH_COLOR_1 and SEARCH_COLOR_2 for row styling.

plus made some changes to the way it works and sorted out some bugs.

No differences to end user.

Enjoy

Mark

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

gforce701

• Beginner
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2006, 18:33:25 pm »
Hi Mark,
Still no quanity fields or check boxes showing. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Grant

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2006, 20:08:27 pm »
Only 1 reason comes to mind, you have the cart configured as a catalogue. This will then not display the quantity or download or add to cart.

If this is not case then I will look into it further.

Mark

edit

2nd case comes to mind, youre not using VM 1.0.5, this update is to work with VM 1.0.5,
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

gforce701

• Beginner
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2006, 20:14:17 pm »
Mark,
I'm using the latest ecommerce edition (Joonla 1.0.8 Stable & VM 1.0.5). Maybe there is something goofy with the combined package. I'll uninstall VM and reinstall it normally and see if that works.

Thanks again for this mod!

Grant

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2006, 23:19:03 pm »
Mark,
I'm using the latest ecommerce edition (Joonla 1.0.8 Stable & VM 1.0.5). Maybe there is something goofy with the combined package. I'll uninstall VM and reinstall it normally and see if that works.

Thanks again for this mod!

Grant

Just to check, I have done a clean install of J! 1.0.8 and VM 1.0.5

Installed the mod and it worked, infact I've installed 3 different mods and gone back to the drop down mod and it still works!

So, I don't know what the problem is, unless as you say, it's the ecommerce edition.

Good luck and let me know.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

gforce701

• Beginner
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2006, 23:58:33 pm »
I reverted back to 1.0.4 and it works perfectly.

There must be something strange with the eccommerce edition. I don't have time to track it down right now but will be doing a clean install for another site tomorrow night and will try it with joomla 1.0.8 and vm 1.0.5 (instead of the eccommerce edition).

I expect to confirm the mod works as you have designed it to on a full clean install.
Thanks again!!

mark R

Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE (
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2006, 15:31:30 pm »
I have installed this mod.... great mod.

Unfortunatly i have a problem with the prices - i only allow access to prices/add to cart for registered users, this mod allow access to cart & prices without being registered.

any suggestions to while file controls price access rights?

thanks in advance
Seek and ye shall find.........
4 VM sites and counting

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2006, 19:38:00 pm »
Hi mark R,

sorry about that! Only one line to change in ps_product.attribute.php

change this line

// Attributes for this item are done.
// Now get item price
   if( _SHOW_PRICES == '1') {

to

// Attributes for this item are done.
// Now get item price
   if( $_SESSION['auth']['show_prices']) {

this will sort the problem.

Mark
Mark
Mark Callf Designs