Author Topic: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1.0.11) + store wide quantity mod  (Read 456069 times)

suleimankhan

• Beginner
I just picked up on a problem with this mod and the ups shipping module where the weight is not sent to the ups module if the child item is any item other than the first item in the drop down list.

Any ideas why this might be happening Mark? I have turned debug on and can see the cart has the correct amount of weight, but can also see it is passing on a zero weight value to the UPS module.

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1.0.11) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #526 on: November 05, 2007, 03:01:21 am »
Does it work with child products before my mod was installed?

The actual weight calculations in the basket.php file are no different from the original files. If the product is displayed in the cart and has the correct price, then the shipping should work too.

The shipping weights are stored in session variables. So if you had the weights set at 0 and then changed in the admin side to a new weight then the actual weight would still be 0 in VM until you had logged out and then logged in again as a user, this clears the session variables.

This could be the problem.

Mark
All of My old mods are now available on my website.
Mark Callf Designs

If you like the work I've done for VM please fell free to Donate

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

suleimankhan

• Beginner
Mark, thanks for the reply. I have sent you a PM, but wanted to follow up over here. Please do not publish the url to the testing server I sent you.

To follow up with your question, no I have not got weights set at 0. I have them set at 23.2 kg for all of my products (i had them set to pounds before but then the shipping options didn't even show up)

Thanks for your prompt response.

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
Re: MOD: Child list instead of drop down. UPDATE(1.0.11) + store wide quantity m
« Reply #528 on: November 06, 2007, 10:57:11 am »
As in my previous post, does it work without my mod installed?

If it does then I will look further. If it does not then it is a problem with the ups shipping option.
Mark
Mark Callf Designs

Please Note: I am no longer actively developing or involved with VM development.

toekn

• Beginner
« Reply #529 on: November 08, 2007, 06:42:51 am »
So, While I am looking for this solution, maybe it can be solved easily here.

Heres the problem
In IE

>Will not display in a table?-Ever since lightbox/morepics  mod was added.
>Selecting a product in the dropdown in IE only refreshes the page.
>Even if I deselect the override it still just refreshes the page.

In Firefox

>Will not display in a table?-Ever since lightbox/morepics  mod was added.
>Selecting a product from the dropdown list goes to the child product page EVEN when it is "overrode" in the admin.

Things I have done

>Modified the layout of the flypage
>Installed Lightbox/morepics mod(Though I am not sure the problem existed before that in IE)

If you catch it before I fix it, here is an example of my client's site : http://soulyria.com/SL/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,952/
category_id,5/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,40/

Mind the crappy pictures.
Both mods work wonderfully except for this.

I have a newborn.
I am tired.
Help.

macallf

• Mark Callf Design
« Reply #530 on: November 08, 2007, 11:11:19 am »
Did you install the lightbox mod for childlist!

I have 2 versions on my site because they both modify shop.product_details.php. If you are using childlist mod than you must use the lightbox for childlist mod.

Mark
Mark Callf Designs

toekn

• Beginner
« Reply #531 on: November 08, 2007, 13:47:29 pm »
Did you install the lightbox mod for childlist!

I have 2 versions on my site because they both modify shop.product_details.php. If you are using childlist mod than you must use the lightbox for childlist mod.

I think I may cry  :D

Thanks  ;)

Nathan

« Reply #532 on: November 10, 2007, 04:53:20 am »
 I updated  to ChildList 1.0.13 and I am getting this error:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at ****/*****/includes/joomla.php:4145) in /home/wright16/public_html/****/includes/joomla.php on line 800

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /*****/******/includes/joomla.php:4145) in /*****/******/includes/joomla.php on line 800

When I save a product.  I get kicked out and have to login.

Not sure if Child List is causing this as I also updated VM from 1.0.12 to 1.0.13a

Is anyone else experiencing this?

toekn

• Beginner
« Reply #533 on: November 10, 2007, 05:55:32 am »
Yea, That sucks.

Here is how you fix it -Attached

Here is the Forum Topic

http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,193707.210.html

;)

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Jeff Owens

• Beginner
OK, I may have missed this somewhere in the thread, and I think this should be fairly straightforward, but... how do I add individual child product images to the list?

I found where in ps_product_attribute to add the code, but I'm having trouble getting any code to work to display the images. I tried using variations on the "show_image" function and using $db->f('product_thumb_image') with the appropriate image path, but I've had no luck.

Anyone else tried this or can steer me in the right direction?

hobartimus

• Catch Light Productions
« Reply #535 on: December 10, 2007, 01:34:04 am »
I have some products which do not have a price so that the visitor will see the "call for pricing" link instead of add to cart. This works as normal on the browse page, but on the product page the child list displays $0 with a quantity box.

How can I make it also use the "call for pricing" function?
Howard Theriot
www.catchlight.com

Zyke

• Beginner
    • www.naszywki.net
« Reply #536 on: December 14, 2007, 14:11:05 pm »
Hello.
I have problem to solve and I think that Your mod can do this but... I'm not good in this stuff.
Iwant to have smth like this.(11.jpg)

it could be verticaly with one button add to cart

and I don't know how to do this. I dont want to have dropdown atribute  menu after each  child product.
So is there a posibility to add only one attribute menu to all of chils products

// Second thing is that taxtils have lot of colors and every model have diffrent pallete. Because there is about 1500products it is hard insert manually all the collors. So I wonder if there is posibility to add image to atribute like class so i could write {red} in description and vm will show image with the collor
this are collors for one shirt (22.jpg

// I've solved this with extended attribute mod

Hope smb can help.
Zyke

[attachment cleanup by admin]

maschi2007

• Beginner
hello,

hat jemand eine idee wie man das so hinbekommt ???
wie bei den posting von zyke bild 11.jpg
dropdown für farbe und die größen mit eingabe (abbildung der farbe ist nicht so wichtig)

gruß

mario

someone got an idea in such a way as one
as is the case for posting of Zyke pic. 11.jpg
drop down for color and the sizes with input

maschi2007

• Beginner
please help  ???

Michele Rocco

• Beginner
    • Creazioni WEB Michele Rocco
Hello Mark,
thankyou for your wonderfull hacks to VM, they're realy great!

I'm tryng the Child list on VM 1.0.15 and seems to work right, except for one thing ... on the child products the price are always the defoult prices, it don't take care of the other group prices that I set.

for example I se 1 main product with the price to 0,00 because I need it only as a main product to be displayed (the user must not be able to buy it) and after add some childs products with thei own sku numember and prices, like product 1 = 10$ prod 2 = 20$ and so on ... now on child product I add a price for reseller like prod 1 = 5$ but when a reseller log on the system he see the price without vat (as I set on VM) but for the defoult price (10$) ... what I'm doing wrong???

Best regards and thankyou again,
Michele
Creazioni WEB Michele Rocco - Joomla & Virtuemart Design, Installation & Coding
www.michelerocco.com
www.creazioniwebmr.com