News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Updated Joomla from 3.10 to 4.3.2 and Virtuemart 3 to 4

Started by sylwekb, June 12, 2023, 11:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylwekb

Hello
Do updates go through without problems for you? What order for Virtuemart updates? Should I update Virtuemart before updating Joomla or update Virtuemart only after updating Joomla? Do all features, orders, notifications, etc. work?

jenkinhill

I would update VM first and then update Joomla. Then sort out the template and any configuration differences. All should be OK but don't try it on a live site!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sylwekb

Of course, I have a daily backup of the site. I will update in a separate directory.

sylwekb

I have already updated Joomla and Virtuemart to the latest version available. Everything looks flawless except for a minor link issue at the bottom. This is a Virtuemart blind link. Does everyone have this after the update or is there any way to fix it? I showed in the screenshot.
vmError: Related Product with id xx not found
I still found this error after logging in to the user. Is there something wrong with the update or is there any way to fix it?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

sylwekb